|Reviews for Shades|
| mia5081 8/13/07 . chapter 4
Whoa, Shane is gay? Is Jerry gay too? And Henry reminds me of a little annoying kid that I just want to put in a corner and be like, "Stop Talking." lol. Loved the update!
| katie 7/8/07 . chapter 3
i decided to review once i'd read all the chapters, but now there's so much to say... shall have to bullet-point to stop myself from writing you an essay:
- love this story! the plot and characters are great so far, and unless your updates from now on are absolutely terrible i think i'll carry on liking this
- also like how it's set in england :] don't feel obliged to set everything in america because there really isn't any need. especially if you don't live there (and i'm guessing you don't) - and who wants to read about people who finish their school day at two in the afternoon anyway? lucky things.
- besides, guys in uniform are sexy.
- casey's cool because he came from birmingham... which happens to be where i live! hahaha. good old brum.
- wow, the reason why hudson wears his aviators... the ac/dc shirt too. i like how you're including these little reminders of his dad. gives a little insight into hudson's character. you've written him really well, i think. enough to let us know what he's like without being overdramatic.
- casey's too cute around hudson. but who can blame him? green hair, that's awesome. a couple of weeks ago i was in the car and we passed this boy waiting at a bus stop whose hair was the most gorgeous shade of purple...i craned my head round to gawk at it until i couldn't see him anymore. it was all shimmery because the sun was shining on it and ooh it was pretty.
- 'I'dlove to get a tan... Just once.' - hmm, wouldn't have expected a guy to think that! haha. it's cute.
- "We have our very own gay" - wow, janet's making shane sound like a fancy appliance in a showhome. 'if you would like to follow me into the kitchen, you can see that we have our very own self-cleaning oven' (self-cleaning ovens amuse me for some reason...even though i actually have one myself)
- 'His interest peeked there' - i'm probably being annoying an pedantic but it's 'piqued'... or i hope it is, otherwise i've just made an idiot out of myself :] (and who am i to speak when i can't even be bothered using capitals?)
- the teacher actually stayed? good for him. yknow, three teachers have actually walked out of my class because they were so sick of us. no, sorry, four.
- ‘some hulking imbeciles had decided burning the fag over and over again with cigarettes was funny’ – um, woah. is casey saying what i think he is? if so...that's horrible. he hasn't had such a great time growing up...
- oh, just thought. the summary said he was 'scarred'...would those be the scars from the cigarette burns then? or - ooh, it could be his emotional scarring...or maybe both. huh.
urgh, this is getting way too long.
hope you have a good holiday!
(the holidays haven't come fast enough this year. and there's been way too much rain. i normally like rain but lately it's been getting v. dull.)
keep writing :]
| paledaisy78 7/7/07 . chapter 3
yay new chapter! the casey/hudson interaction made me VERY happy, thanks for that.
i'm glad Casey has such a supportive family, his dad makes me laugh cause most parents are never THAT supportive. yay for Uncle Mark, the amazing grocer and food stocker! its good Hudson has someone watching out for him, i think he needs it even though he might not think so.
i'll be waiting impatiently for the next chapter, i can't wait for more casey/hudson action!
| Cokii 7/7/07 . chapter 3
Loved it! I hope you update soon. And I want some mano a mano already! .
| mia5081 7/7/07 . chapter 3
Haha, I love Casey's parents, they seem hilarious. And Seth...he kinda reminds me of my cousin's driving. I refuse to get in the car with him now, either I drive or we go no where- it's rather traumatizing so I feel Hudson and Casey's pain lol
| Cokii 6/12/07 . chapter 2
Oh thank you for updating! This was a great chap. xD
| remy2004 6/10/07 . chapter 2
Good start. I look forward to the update.
| Kaysin 6/10/07 . chapter 2
I like this, especially the characters, but most of all the setting. Heh - I have a soft spot for stories in England. There's just a slight problem with that I'd like to warn you about. It's really easy to be influenced by American stories and stereotypes. You have to be very careful that what you're writing is English. It's small things, mostly - a good story here used the word 'jocks', which isn't used over here. That type of thing.
Not trying to lecture or anything. I just know how easy it is to slip something in that's more American than English. So far, by avoiding stereotypes and social groups you're doing okay.
| paledaisy78 6/10/07 . chapter 2
yay second chapter! i love this one just as much as the first. so am i to assume that Shane and Hudson fooled around when they lived next to each other? but they were just all sneaky about it?
the new charaters sound so awesome, any chance of bringing them to life so i can kidnap them? they already sound like very well developed people, good job.
now i'm completly dying to see what happens next between Casey and Hudson, they sound like they would make the cutest couple. maybe shane can help hook them up! hahahaha.
if you ever do decide to set a story in America, i would so help you with any details and i'd give you a never ending barrel of cookies! yay!
| Cokii 5/9/07 . chapter 1
Oh I think this one has a good outline, keep it up and please update asap! .;
| xanthofile 5/9/07 . chapter 1
IF it gets continued? IF? don't send testers out into the waters if you don't plan to follow them up, because i might have to get midieval on your ass. *laughs* i'm interested, BEYOND interested, so there.
flares...are sexy? yeah, probably. *had to stop and think about it a moment or two* unusual, but i do believe they're sexy enough.
| Cracked Butterfruit 5/9/07 . chapter 1
To be continued? Yes please!
I'm very intrigued by the characters and I really want to find out how they interact.
Update soon! )
| megerdum 5/9/07 . chapter 1
| Mage Dudette 5/9/07 . chapter 1
i liked it, sounds cool! :) go on.. continue! you know that bunny'll be back otherwise.
whether it appears of it's own accored or i make it.. _
lols. nice start anywho, i'm interested in seeing more of this and where it's going.
| randomness 5/8/07 . chapter 1
so good, please continue. no, i demand u continue. soon. like... in the next 10 minutes. and counting.