Author: Wandering Scholar PM
I'm curious about the religions of the world, so I'm here to ask about them. Now, this isn't meant to criticize or insult anyone's religion, it's simply meant to satisfy my curiosity.Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Chapters: 9 - Words: 3,868 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 6 - Updated: 04-20-13 - Published: 07-05-12 - id: 3039239
|A+ A- Full 3/4 1/2 Expand Tighten|
Hello, Wandering Scholar here! Some of you may be wondering who the heck I am, and why I'm posting this.
Well, to answer that: I come from a Muslim background, and I live within the United States, a place where Islam is facing a lot of prejudice.
I've experienced my fair share of prejudice and I've seen how the media tends to portray Muslims. My experience has made me wonder about other religions and their basic beliefs. Thus, I've decided to post this.
With that out of the way, I want to tell you, dear readers, that this is just me asking questions about certain religions. These questions are not meant to bring up any controversy, nor meant to insult anyone. In fact, these questions are to clear up any misconceptions of a religion.
Most of the question I will ask will be related to a religion's beliefs, concepts of god, prophets, scriptures, etc. Again they're not meant to insult anyone.
Furthermore, I made a set a rules that apply for myself and to you dear readers. They are:
1. I must not insult any ethnicity or religion. This includes any simple name-calling and cussing, whether it would be intentional or not.
2. I must not take anything out of context. I cannot take any passage from a scripture out of context, and use that as evidence.
3. If I'm to inspect a religion, I must first inspect their beliefs and their holy texts/scriptures. I cannot relate religion to any past and current events. This includes the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Holocaust, the Palestinian-Israeli disputes over lands, the American and British forces in the Middle East, and so on.
4. I need to remove any bias I have towards any religion or ethnicity. Basically, erase your mind of anything you thought of a religion, outside of that religion's scriptures/laws.
5. I CANNOT relate any current politics to the religious scriptures, beliefs, and/or practice mentioned in this. Examples: any rights movements, any controversial issue being discussed within politics, relations between countries/states (big emphasis on the Palestinian-Israeli disputes), etc.
As I stated, these same rules also apply to you, fellow readers. I ask of you to follow these rules because I fear someone may start a heated argument in the reviews (if I get any that is). These arguments may include some cursing and insulting other people. I want everyone, myself included, to be a calm, and rational about this. Like I stated before, these questions are not meant to attack anyone's religion in anyway. They are meany to clear up any misconceptions.
Now, if I break or ignore any of these rules, I wish for you dear readers to let me know, and I will try to make amends. I will do the same for you, if you ever happen to do the same.