This RP is focused on nations rather then characters. As such there are several differences in the rules, pay attention to them.12/05/2007 . Edited 3/20/2008 #1
Joining this RP:
1) Enter a nation under the "Nations" thread or an ethnic group under the "Nomads" thread. If you enter an ethnic group you will need to figure out where they live and get permission from the rulers of that land. Note that every major ethnic group within a nation must be noted in its submission.
2) Get approved! I will delete any posts not approved or in violation of requirements! If you're playing a nation then you will be assigned a location. I keep a map updated with the different nations, pay attention to it. Knowing who your neighbors are is important.
3) Start RPing. You can make a thread for your nation, and start diplomacy on the Island of Terra.
4) Because of the large lands involved, threads will be general areas: "The kingdom of Uldwich".
5) Always post the specific location of your event in [brackets] at the top of your post. For example: a post within the "Kingdom of Uldwich" thread might have [King of Uldwich's chambers, city of cornea] posted at the top to specify location. This helps keep the forum from cluttering up with barely-used topics.
5b) Also post, in brackets, the Sector in which the event occurs (C12 or H5, for example). This information can be found on the map linked to the forum.
6) You may RP as many characters from your ethnic group or state as you wish.
7) You cannot determine what other players RPed characters, nation, or ethnic group will do. Nor can you determine any meaningful consequences that affect other players.
8) You may control NPC characters from other player's nations/ethnic groups IF it is in response to an interaction they made with your nation or group AND has no major consequences. Describing the death of a few enemy guards from a trade caravan is acceptable, deciding to kill all the guards and loot the caravan is not.
9) This is an RP. As such no actions taken are personal. Do not take it personally if your nation is invaded or insulted. Have fun, play true.
10) I and any Moderators I appoint have the right to edit or remove whatever we deem necessary.
11) Characters do not know everything their authors do. Keep track of who knows what and DO NOT USE out-of-character knowledge. If your leaders need to know something about the enemy they need to send out spies, scouts, or learn some other way.
12) Be realistic. Small city-states won't have the same size armies as empires. Don't make your characters, armies or nations invincible. And don't progress technology or magic at an unbelievable rate. some progress is expected, but creating the ultra-doomsday weapon in 9 days is a NO.
13) Keep content on the forum to a PG-13 level. Some swearing is allowable, but only in character.
14) A player will always retain control of their ethnic groups. Even if their state is conquered they may still dissent, rebel, interact, and possibly even assimilate into the conquering society and enjoy the advantages.
15) The Island of Terra is a neutral ground. You can try and prevent messages from reaching it, but the area itself is safe. You can make assassination attempts or get into a fistfight, but you can't bring in soldiers.
16) All posts should be in character. If you must make out of character comments then use ((double brackets)).
17) When starting a major event, create a post or two in preparation where it will start. This makes it more realistic by giving opponents time to spy or prepare, Armies take time to be mustered. This rule only pertains to major events such as invasions or large expeditions.
18) If a player does not post within a month then their nation threads will be locked until their return.
19) If a player does not post within two months or more, their nations will be downgraded to Ruins and their resources will be up for grabs by other players.
20) A player may have no more then two Nations. This is to prevent players from abusing relations between two states they own.
21) The map is divided into sectors based on geography. Each square on the grid represents one sector.
22) Whenever major expeditions such as armies or caravans are sent out, designate which sector their destination is.
23) Control of a sector affects travel. A player cannot send expeditions through an enemy controlled sector unless they can somehow sneak or run through.
24) Sectors can be controlled either by placing military there, or colonizing the sector.
|Forum Moderators: Mindwarp|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|