People we have an alternative that answered half of our prayers!!!3/18/2012 #1
This is from taerkitty. Not ME!
In FP, we can't edit our documents worth a (bleep), but it's working fine over in FF land.
0. This assumes you've already created an FF.net account. If not, see above.
1. Create a text document. Or Word, or HTM, or OpenOffice, or whatever the Doc Manager (Upload) over on FF.net says it will accept. The content is irrelevant - we just need a throwaway doc in our Doc Manager (Upload) screen.
2. On FP.com, open the doc you wish to edit. Lament at the alphabet soup of HTML code.
3. Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C to copy all of it to your clipboard. Mac users, you know to substitute the Ctrl with Command, right?
4. On FF.net, open the throwaway doc. Delete everything in it. Marvel at how clean it is. Click on 'HTML'.
5. Just like above, a new window will open. Ctrl-V to paste your clipboard into the HTML scree.
6. Click on 'Update', and it should, in all its former FP glory, be in the View/Edit Document window over on FF.net.
7. Edit to your heart's content.
8. Reverse the process. Still on FF.net, click on HTML, select all, copy to clipboard.
9. Back to FP.com, click on the document you wish FP was unborked enough to allow you to edit, if it's not already open. If it's all HTML gobbledygook, delete everything in the FP.com window.
10. Copy the contents of your clipboard ono that doc and save it.
|Canary in a Coal Mine
Thanks for the help, taerkitty and JRockFan! ^_^3/26/2012 #2
You're welcome. Fictionpress is not fixing this problem anytime soon and it has been going on for over a year so we need all writers to know about this.3/28/2012 #3
|Forum Moderators: Sakka-Fenikkusu Moko Emaki|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|