Author has written 6 stories for Romance.
Basic Author Info: Let's see...what to say? I am an African-American girl and I'm slowly trying to get a lot of stories about African-American girls out in the world (well, if you look at all the races of my characters in Quandaries of a Quirky Romantic and Nobody Said It Was Easy, you'll see a little UN of ethnicities). Writing is what I want to do with my life; hell, it kind of is my life. I have an annoying giggle and a tendency to cackle (cackle). I love sock. I'm a quirk, a random quirk, I'm probably most like Nadine or Jane. (Though I share a lot in common with the guys in my stories). I love nerds, I just do. And freckles on men. And lefties (I just think they're cooler than right handed people, I'm not really all that sure why). I'm sarcastic. I'm a little obsessed with Ireland and I LOVE sea turtles (Javier gets that from me). And...uh...I listen to a LOT of music (since I'm a musician's daughter and everything). I am a dork and I'm willing to admit it. I find my little brother pretty funny - don't tell him, it'll go to his head. I am an amazingly jumpy person. I'm really bad at grammar. I do a lot of weird things. I'm prone to rambling. And I have a kitten that seems to think that she is constantly at war...and that we (my family and I) are the enemy.
The Two Accounts: I am both Secretive and Analytical Calico on this website. Yeah, I forget which account came first, I think it was this one, but I've had two since the very beginning. Right now I only have one story up under Analytical Calico and it's My Undetected Canoodling. Here's the summary for it: The seemingly unrequited crush on your best friend, the perfect romantic cliche, and you know those always work out. However, when an evil older brother, mind games, and dirty little secrets are thrown into the mix, maybe this cliche isn't that perfect... Yeah, it's been my little secret baby, I suppose. I guess this kind of proves that I am a bit secretive; I wanted to see the kind of reception that Jane and Roth would get without my known persona being attached to it. Interestingly enough, a lot of the people that read me under this name found me under that one as well. It was pretty cool.
February 12th, 2011
My! : ) Okay, I had a code to paste on here but...well, I don't really understand it... It's from when I was interviewed in which is this a cool aspect of a very cool site: . And thus concludes the most I've ever inserted links for. : ) It's kind of fun, to tell the truth. Anyway, you should all check out that site and know that the next FP author to be interviewed is going to be xoxluurve! Which I think will be pretty cool -- sorry I didn't post about when I was gong to be a part of it. But if you click the Project Fondle link I think you can read by interview transcript, so... Yeah.
Wow, ten days before I turn 23. Which just...feels...weird. Anyway, since I'm right now trying to avoid doing homework that is due in two hours, I think I'll post ten things you never knew about me...because I'm a little bored. And a major, major procrastinator (which you guys already know if you've found yourself waiting for an update from me for long, long periods of time).
1. I am not secretive. I know, it's ridiculous - I'm private and quiet, but I'm not secretive (I'm not even the best at keeping secrets, because I'm generally completely honest with everybody). It wasn't even one of the adjective that my mom came up with when describing me in one word (weird, analytical, and quirky were words that she kept repeating though...).
2. I love to laugh. I just do. Although, I have mentioned that I do often cackle... Like a witch.
3. I spend a lot of time with my grandma, because she is awesome (she is 75 and possibly the coolest person I know. She bakes amazing cookies, she's an awesome cook, she swears like a sailor, she's funny, and she's brave. Seriously brave).
4. I watch everything that Jamie Bell is in because I find him unbelievably adorable and talented.
5. I'm a loner.
6. I'm studying to be a counselor (bet you never saw that coming, right? How many characters have I written now that are counselors/therapists/psych majors?).
7. When I'm tired (which is pretty much all the time since I'm an insomniac) and hyped up on sugar I act a lot like a drunk person...it's embarrassing.
8. Tempestuous is my favorite word, it's just awesome to say. So I use it whenever I can and most people have no idea what I'm talking about, but that doesn't stop me.
9. I collect fortune cookie fortunes.
10. Um...man, this was actually harder than I thought it would be. Hmm... I am terrible at math. It's kind of pathetic, to tell the truth.
February 13th, 2011
The procrastination continues! Okay, I usually don't do this, and I'll probably take this down soon, but here are some pictures. Of a few of my girls, since I could not and very much doubt I could find likely pictures of any of my guys. (It's all in the eyes and I have yet to find a photo of any guy on the Internet that can display my characters in their eyes. Also...everyone seems to be emo or scene guys...and I don't have anyone like that. Well...I suppose Spencer has the haircut, but...yeah...)
And I, of course, do not own these photos. No ownership whatsoever, they were just on the web and I got bored one day.
May 7th, 2011
So I've been trying to find the perfect model for how Javier looks and...well, I haven't found him yet. But I may be getting closer.
There are all the same actor: Gael Garcia Bernal and there's something about his eyes (which are the wrong color, but whatever) that make me think about Javier.
Unsafe External Link