Author has written 3 stories for Young Adult.
I'm a twenty-three-year-old art major who spends my free time frolicking in grasslands and listening to slow songs when I'm not writing :)
Five things about the way I write. My stories:
1. Will never not have boys ;) and I love bromances so much it kills me.
2. Usually have at least one scene with music in them. Music has always been a big part of my life. I'm not classically trained or some unnatural genius, but every single time, it's always music that wins me over. When I incorporate songs into my stories, chances are, I'm imagining a movie scene for it and the background music. I just love movie scenes that fade out while the music goes on, and that's how I like to picture a lot of my music-based scenes.
3. Never really have a strong emphasis on romantic relationships and getting together. When I do write romances, I rarely write them like the usual YA 'i-cheat-on-you-we-cheat-on-him-you-kiss-him-at-a-party-i-steal-your-boyfriend' plots. I'm bad at romances, but when I do incorporate them into stories, they are usually pretty unusual, think 500 Days of Summer/ Moonrise Kingdom xD
4. Are somewhat conversation-based. I've been told that I spend too much time writing conversations and not enough time describing landscapes, actions or scenes, and it's something I'm working on. But until then, you will see chatty banter back and forth between my characters, who never ever seem to shut up. Personally, I love half-hearted conversations and witty comebacks among my friends, hence the mimicry in my stories.
5. Contain a lot of hidden meanings and little realizations on a second reading, should you sit through a second reading.
I never stop writing, it's completing stories and posting that I don't do so much. But these days I post stories only when they are close to completion, so it may take years in between stories, but once I post them, chances are they'll be finished in good time.
Thanks for dropping by! Do take the time to read some of my work and let me know what you think!
(10th January 2013)
Unsafe External Link