Welcome. We are a new member, so we cannot post any stories yet for you guys to flame, sorry. we should have them on no later then the 20th. Reason is, one of our internet is going down, and the other is going on vacation. We are two editors who really enjoy editing, and write on occasion so we can edit our own work. While the 1st author in this group has been surfing, he's noticed that there's a lot of crap on here.Real, totall utter crap. We'd like to defend ourselves before people even start to whine at what help we give them, or flames we send. We stand for a few common things that should really be rules of the website, but aren't yet for reasons unknown.
1. You shouldn't post everything you write! You are not a flowing fountain of creative writing. You will write stupid, retarded, or just plain pointless material. It's good to write so that you don't develp writers block, but please don't share your brain droppings.
2. Please, PLEASE! revise your work! we aren't saying you shouldn't post your rough draft, as that helps you continue to write, but if you have 25 postings that all say the grammer is messed up and the work is pointless, REVISE IT before you add more!
3. Do NOT feel rushed to post additions to your stories. This makes them rushed, illogicall, and you'll need to rewrite them anyway. It takes years to write a good book. You are no exception so stop trying to be.
4. We realize no one is twisting our arms to read these stories. We do, though, because we feel that we have something good to offer to everyone, with few exceptions. We try to keep them funny, we hope we do a good job, although some are not meant to be funny.Please don't be offended or mad, accept the fact that your story or essay sucks, try our advice if you'd like, if you do, please tell us what helped you and didn't, so we don't always give out bad advice, and needlessly offending other writers.
5. We don't respond to wars! We may have no lives and certainly have the time to engage in such a pointless debate, but we're not going to. Even if you write a piece defending another peice we've reviewed, we only edit for grammer and content, so your new essay is going to look very crappy, so expcect more flames
6. When we finally post stuff, feel free to flame. In fact, we WANT you to flame. We get irritated at: "oh that was splendid, you simply MUST review mine!" or "good thoughts, knew what you meant, great job." These reviews don't improve our writing, they just give us an unnessisary ego boost. Plus, we're mature enough to realize that we probably suck too and need to constantly improve our wriitng like everyone else on this site, so comments like "that story is a waste of time" is fine with us, although we'd prefer if you'd review us like we've reviewed you..
7. We apologize for the lack of spacing and paragraphing in our reviews. We think the problem is that we didn't double space between paragraphs. We'll try to make them easier to read in the future.
We guess that's about it. Can't wait to post stuff. 'Til then, we're going to be flaming up a bonfire.
"You know what's most irritating about this whole business? It isn't that they talk nonsense. You can always forgive somebody talking nonsense. We all have a soft spot in our hearts for somebody who talks nonsense, and there's a kind of nonsense that leads to sense. No, what's shameful is this. They talk nonsense and worship their own nonsense."
Unsafe External Link