Author has written 9 stories for Young Adult, General, and Fantasy.
Penname change: Fighting the Mainstream to Going Against the Grain
Hi, I'm Erin. I'm 14, and a freshman in high school. I am bi/lesbian (unsure). I have basically two moods: hyper or depressed. My best emotional stuff tends to come when I'm depressed, which is depressingly (redundant much?) often. Music inspires me, so most of my stories will probably include the quote of the music that inspired that particular story. That's it.
Homophobia: Stop the hate and spread the love!
I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian.
I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.
I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.
We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time.
I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.
I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.
I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.
I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.
We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.
I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.
I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.
I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.
I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.
I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.
I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I did not have to always deal with society hating me.
I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.
I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.
I am the person who is afraid of telling his loving Christian parents he loves another male.
I am the person ashamed to tell my own friends I'm a lesbian, because they constantly make fun of them.
I am the boy tied to a fence, beaten to a bloody pulp and left to die because two straight men wanted to "teach me a lesson"
Re-post this if you believe homophobia is wrong. Please do your part to end it.
1) Being gay is not natural. People always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.
2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Briteny Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans... --
Re-post this if you believe in legalizing gay marriage
"Is it enough to love?
Is it enough to bleed?
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed
Is it enough to die?
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be
Anything but ordinary please."
-Avril Lavigne, Anything but Ordinary
When I turn around
All out of my control
I'm a mobile."
-Avril Lavigne, Mobile
"Something has changed within me,
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing
by the rules of someone else's game.
Too late for second guessing
too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes... and leap I'm through accepting limits
Cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change,
but till I try I'll never know! And if I'm flying solo,
at least I'm flying free!"
-Elphaba, Defying Gravity
"Get up, life's too quick!"
-Mimi, Out Tonight
"Mark has got his work,
They say 'Mark lives for his work'
and 'Mark's in love with his work.'
Mark hides in his work"
"From facing your failure
Facing your loneliness,
Facing the fact you live a lie.
Yes, you live a lie!
Tell you why;
You're always preaching not to be numb
When that's how you thrive
You pretend to create and observe
When you really detach from feeling alive!"
-Roger and Mark, Goodbye Love
"There's only us
There's only this
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today."
-Ensemble, Life Support
"I can't control
I trust my soul
My only goal
Is just to be!"
-Mimi, Mark, Collins, and Angel, Another Day
"Cages or wings?
Which do you prefer?
Ask the birds.
Fear or love, baby?
Don't say the answer.
Actions speak louder than words."
-Jonathan, Louder Than Words
"I tear my heart open
I sew myself shut
My weakness is
That I care too much.
And our scars remind us
That the past is real
I tear my heart open
Just to feel."
-Papa Roach, Scars
"'Cause you can't jump the track,
We're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hourglass
Glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe-- just breathe
Oh, breathe-- just breathe"
-Anna Nalick, Breathe (2 am)
"Pain-- without love
Pain-- can't get enough
Pain-- I like it rough
'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all."
-Three Days Grace, Pain
"This song's for everyone who ever took a chance
Who started at the bottom to get to the top
And no matter what you face in this life
You gotta know what you're up against
In order to fight back."
-Thousand Foot Krutch, Everyone Like Me