Author has written 8 stories for Nature, Play, General, Fantasy, and Mystery.
Hello! My (pen)name is Shlee Jones. I figured I might as well put that down since I plan to try and get my stuff physically published someday and I don't want to have the problem of "You didn't write this! I saw it on Fictionpress!" and etc... Well, that's really all, please reveiw my work and let me know if there is anything I could do to improve it or if you think one of my first chapters sounds interesting enough that you would like to read it if it were made into a book! Thank you!
Update as of January 31st 2013
If there's anybody out there still paying attention to this, sorry for disappearing as soon as High School ended, I am still writing and do still want to get things published.
I may have a few new things to post for critique soon, and may get back into browsing through others' work as well. I should probably get caught up in Deviant Art first, but that seems a little daunting at the moment so I shall stick to here if only because I want to get my writing more off the ground than it has been.
Possibly look forward to finding Midnight Chase in some publication somewhere, I'm looking into that at the moment.
Otherwise, as far as stories that I am working on and might be spitting out the first or further chapters for soon, here's the list in order from top priority down:
1. Ending on a Note - I think I've finally figured out where I want to go with the ending(s) on this one, so look forward to more of it, soon! Name has been changed from In Need of a Title.
2. Mon Écorché Vif - Starting from a little snippet I had written before and have been thinking about expanding upon for a long time. Name is pending something better.
3. Pirates For Hire - A book I started writing with a couple friends. Seeing as we haven't been in much contact with the third friend who was writing with us and the second friend has given me full liberty of rewriting what we had plotted out, I'll be substituting the third friends' characters and getting this up chapter by chapter as soon as I find where all of my notes on it went… Again...
4. Hidden Scroll - This one should be above Pirates For Hire, but I know more of where I'm going with that one and want to take my time with this one because it has a lot of background and needed character development to it. And I have to again do a major rewrite. And it's like Pirates For Hire where it was being written with a friend and half of the characters are hers and I want her to actually proof read everything to make sure her main character is in character before I do any posting.
5. Midnight in Quarters - Starting with Midnight Chase, in fact, I want to go through the challenge of creating a short story as seen from all four parts yet still have it be surprising at each turn.
6. Not Immortal - A short story poetic series about Death and how he interacts with the aspects of Life.
7. Eyes For Treasure - So sue me for liking Pirates XD This one is in need of a bit of rewriting as I'm not certain I like how I wrote it already… It might be a while until this one is updated because I have eight chapters to go through before I'll be satisfied...
8. Into The Unknown - I want to try and think of an idea for a series, instead of singular novels or novellas and then having to think of sequels if I want to ever write the characters again… This series will most likely be either a mystery series in the style of Sherlock Holmes and Alice in Wonderland, or an adventure series about, you guessed it, Pirates XD
If anyone is wondering exactly what kind of works I like to read and take inspiration from, my very favorite books/things to read ever is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Hamlet, One Piece, Pandora Hearts, Peter Pan, and Sherlock Holmes
Unsafe External Link