|Shadowing The Heart|
Author has written 8 stories for Romance.
Hello. I am Shadowing The Heart. I got into writing a couple years ago after my parents got divorced and just decided to start posting stuff when I got good enough.
I like to listen toand movie and TV soundtracks, and my Pandora station when I write. I never plan out what I'm going to write except when I'm editing and I have to make some big changes. I just like to follow my heart with this kind of thing.
I have a fanfiction acount. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1670890/. I've written in the Harry Potter and Morganville Vampire fandoms so far. My pen name there is WalkingThroughDreams.
A Good Summary
1. Make sure the summary has enough information to draw the reader in so that the reader knows just what they are getting into.
2. Don't put 'I suck at summaries', 'my first fic', or anything like that. People are more likely read your story if you sound confident in the summary.
3. The phrase 'FLAMES NOT ACCEPTED' tends to make people want to flame the story just for the heck of it.
4. If you don't plan on updating a WIP for over six months, make sure that you put so in the summary. I, for one, don't want to read a story if it's not clear if it's never going to be finished.
5. Make sure your summary fits, as some people's summaries get cut off because they have too many words. Edit it down and then put the full summary inside of the story.
6. Use proper grammar in your summary. When I see a summary written with 'i' or all lower cases, misspelled words, or text talk ( i.e., 'lol', 'btw', 'omg'), it makes me think that the story's going to be just as bad.
7. Read your own summary and then think to yourself, 'If I was some random reader and came across this summary...would I want to read it?' If the answer is no then you have some work to do.
8. This one doesn't have to do with summaries, but I thought I'd put it anyway. How many of you have put or read 'I want reviews before I add a new chapter' 'If I don't get reviews I will not update this story' 'If I don't start getting reviews I will take this story down'...No, no, no. Do not do that. These are the kind of people I like to call review whores. This site is supposed to be for people who want to get their writing out to the world. So what if you don't get reviews. Go ahead and put that you would like comments and that you want to hear what people think, but if you have to make threats to get people to review your story, then I'll say that you're no good and not even read it or review it.
Unsafe External Link