|WereMagi - Death's Messenger|
Poll: What would you use to access updates on my writing? Vote Now!
Author has written 22 stories for Fantasy, Fantasy, Action, Love, Sci-Fi, Essay, Friendship, School, and Song.
Yeah, ah, Hi! :) I be WereMagi, an author, a gamer and a somewhat known person on the Winternet.
Basically, I wont add too much here, I prefer it if people got to know me without me having to tell them what I am like :P
DarkWings - On hold. Working on other projects to improve my writing and to also filter out ideas that would make Dark Wings too big of a project.
Ripple - It was my attempt at sci-fi that I dropped after hitting a brick wall known as writers block.
Legacy Pen - "Legacy Pen – A pen with the power to bring life to an authors story, often portrayed differently depending on the author." When stories can come to life, what can a group of authors do to stop the gates between Earth and fiction from falling?
Shards - Before the incident, those with Shards were bed ridden. Now, they are empowered beings who use their Shard powers to protect their city. But then beings come and terrorizes the poor district, and Fear grips them all. They come, the Fears.
The Fear Mythos
Wondering what I mean when I say Fears in regards to Shards? I'm a member of the open source Mythos, where we don't have a canon and everything is open to interpretation!
I'd say more, but if you google the Mythos and look at our Wiki, Forums and Series Bible.
Oh, AND HEY FEARBLOGGERS WHO ARE CHECKING THIS OUT!
1. Tell us about your favorite writing project/universe that you've worked with and why.
The Dark Wings project is by far the best of the best. Earth's history rewritten, with all the myths, religions and beliefs all explained and related. Hell, I'd go on for longer if the heater wasn't playing up and letting the cold air leech warmth from me.
2. How many characters do you have? Do you prefer males or females?
In Dark Wings... oh hell, I am not going to try and count them all. A lot.
Let's go with Legacy Pen on this one, as it's a more manageable number. I have a planned amount of 30 - 50 characters depending on what events I choose to write about and what I create via Jason and his pen.
3. How do you come up with names, for characters (and for places if you're writing about fictional places)?
Well... ummm... Again, Legacy Pen, I go with everyday names that people can relate to, as I want people to relate to it a lot more than most of my other stories.
The rest of my stories are fantasy, so I tend to stick some giberish together, scour the Internet for unique names and a mixture of the two at times as well.
4. Tell us about one of your first stories/characters!
Oh god, Jai-Kai. All I will reveal is that he seems like a hero to everyone but to his close circle of friends, those that have lived as long as him and serve Death, readers will learn about his anti-hero side. In the second age, which is him at his best, sees him as an Angel, but he really is a Human whose soul still resides inside his body along with that of an Angel who is by our standards an Archangel and by the Primal Demon, the manifestation made flesh, the embodiment of Fear who is the second strongest in the known world. There also resides another demon's soul, lying dormant.
5. By age, who is your youngest character? Oldest? How about "youngest"?
I have no idea. I have yet to finish any of the three main projects, so I can't give a good answer. But the Oldest is Jai-Kai from Dark Wings by far. Every time he dies, his soul is only reborn along side another's. Pretty much rebirth, aside from the fact he has a different body every time. The "Youngest" would be Demon Child, whose "real name" is still not determined, is forever trapped in the mind frame of a child when not taking anything serious. How ever, he knows the time to play is over and to get to business when needed, which explains why the most powerful demon in the known world manages to live.
6. Where are you most comfortable writing? At what time of day? Computer or good ol' pen and paper?
In the dark. Night mainly, when I'm tired and not thinking logically. Computer or laptop.
7. Do you listen to music while you write? What kind? Are there any songs you like to relate/apply to your characters?
You expect me to draw motivation from air? To feel the emotion needed to write a sad scene without music telling me how slow to go, how sombre to be?
8. What's your favourite genre to write? To read?
Fantasy. Sci-fi never seems to work out but fantasy is the best I am when writing a story. To read, I love reading a broad range that even I forget sometimes what I read. But if it's slow and cringes me to read, like romances or books along the lines of "Atonement". I wanted my whole Sunday back after reading that.
9. How do you get ideas for your characters? Describe the process of creating them.
... I tend to create a protagonist that will have fun and then wing it. I actually never thought about how I created characters.
10. What are some really weird situations your characters have been in? Everything from serious canon scenes to meme questions counts!
I'll focus on Jai-Kai on this one as everything happens to him. A planned running gag amongst the Dead Council is how, back in medieval Ireland, Jai-Kai had to run from one end of the island to the other, naked, as he chased leprechauns that took his clothes and scythe as he passed out rounding up the last of the Draugr that had travelled the seas to escape being cast down the Abyss.
11. Who is your favourite character to write? Least favourite?
Jai-Kai/Jackson and the King of Avondale/God. Same characters in the two ages, but having to write the bitter remarks all the time, I have three dialogue peices out of the main 8 I needed planned and I am running out of ideas. >.
12. In what story did you feel you did the best job of world building?
Dark Wings, hands down. It's just Earth today, just a lot more goes on in it.
13. What's your favourite culture to write, fictional or not?
The Third. It's Jai-Kai's group as he is one of The Five, and thus leads Death's Hand, ensuring that Demons remain in Hell (unless they are sided with the Angels) and often are the seasoned warriors called upon by contacts from other Hell Gates.
14. How do you map out locations, if needed? Do you have any to show us?
Oh god... All my stories bar the First Age of Dark Wingshappen on Earth and that pretty much means I can use google to help me. But for those stories where Earth has changed or are in another world, I just wing it. >.
15. Mid way question! Tell us about a writer you admire, whether professional or not!
Tolkein. Father of modern high-fantasy (Story with high fantasy content, not as in the quality of the fantasy) and the most influential writer I know. The late Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, back up, dial 911 or what ever is your emergency number, because one does not simply take on a badass.
16. Do you write romantic relationships? How do you do with those, and how "far" are you willing to go in your writing?
What kind of story with blood and disfigurement and not a single romance and STILL are awesome? None as I am aware of. In all my stories, short stories excluded, romance is one of the many side elements to my story. It help shows maturity and development later on, you know.
17. Favourite protagonist and why!
Child. What? You thought I was going to say Jai-Kai? Child takes on Lust, who has split her/himself from their normal form of either man or woman AND BECOME SEPARATE ENTITIES AND KILLS THEM BOTH! IN FULL CHILD BADASSNESS! THEN HE LATER ON RELEASES HIS FULL POWER AND TURNS INTO HIS TRUE DEMON FORM! Jai-Kai can't even go that far as he can't control that much power! AND THAN CHILD DEVOURS PRIDE!
I said too much but oh well...
18. Favourite antagonist and why!
Pride. Risky to say this but Pride is Satan, Jesus and Lucifer himself combined. All because Jesus dies for our sins and that manifested both deities in his heart. Even for the Messiah, two beings of sin had pretty much an eternity to weaken Jesus and devour his goodness and leaving him with their negativity. How is a character like that not fun to to write about? I mean, the internal dialogue for him is quite intense!
19. Favourite minor that decided to shove himself into the spotlight and why!
Not one, but a band. The Dead Band of Dead Beats are comprised of humans who perform punk influenced music and perform a live battle song for Jai-Kai and Child as they fought with the Demon Depression.
20. What are your favourite character interactions to write?
Hehe hehe, Currently Jai-Kai and Kelly.
21. Do any of your characters have children? How well do you write them?
... Balls. I forgot if I had any planned. But I write children alright, but sometimes I need to be reminded that sometimes the child seems too smart or mature or the opposite.
22. How long does it usually take you to complete an entire story—from planning to writing to posting (if you post your work)?
I never actually finished a story. And as much as I wish to finish Dark Wings, I have a lot to study and understand. That's if I had no real life, which I also do.
23. How willing are you to kill your characters if the plot so demands it? What's the most interesting way you've killed someone?
Jai-Kai dies at least ten times, but keeps his body as he current contract with death allows him his body as it was at the age of 19 as a Max age limit on when he can leave Limbo. The longer he stays in Limbo, the older he may return to Earth as, and he generally stays until his full circle as personal method of punishment for the sins he commits when alive. How ever, he may be brought back if Death sees fit or if the other members of the DC (Yeah, I'm getting lazy at this point) decide that he may live and heal all damage from him.
24. Do any of your characters have pets? Tell us about them.
25. Let's talk art! Do you draw your characters? Do others draw them? Pick one of your OCs and post your favourite picture of him!
I drew Envy once, in his second form. Took me forever to do and the feathered wing he has was completely crap. I try drawing sometimes, but I keep it too simple. Might post the picture on my blog actually...
26. Along similar lines, do appearances play a big role in your stories? Tell us about them, or if not, how you go about designing your characters.
A long thought is paid to this. The details are all that help the observant reader notice who is actually who as deceit in Dark Wings helps set the mood. Also, a lot of the time, Jai-Kai is not actually doing as he is observed but elsewhere, mostly in another Hell Gate exploring new worlds.
27. Have you ever written a character with physical or mental disabilities? Describe them, and if there's nothing major to speak of, tell us a few smaller ones.
Two in Dark Wings, but the second is too plot related, so here's the first. Mute, real name also not decided, but Mute can't talk. At all. He only communicates somehow as those that know him enough just understand him. He can actually talk but part of his powers allow him to seal away power deities at the price of his voice, which is needed for most of his attacks as he is a Melody fighter, using sound as a weapon and a singer needs a voice to sing back the dead.
He is damned to wander
Damned to forever walk
All he has done was ponder
and with Death he talked
Because of this sin
HellMouths jaw opened
And the chain of Hell was on his shin
and he is no longer coping
Hell awaits us all. Heaven is a lie.
The gods want us to fall. The Devil just wants to die.
Death will save them all.
This is the Dark Wing!
Unsafe External Link