| Anti-Christ's Angel 's Beta Reader Profile
Author has written 4 stories | Romance, Nature, Kids, and Fantasy.
β : Anti-Christ's Angel is a registered beta reader and is currently accepting beta reading requests.
|Beta Bio: general description as a beta reader
Let's be honest here. You don't care about me, do you? You're here for my services. I'm happy to beta-read just about anything under 10,000 words (I'm not a fan of long stories)as long as it doesn't deal with ideas that put me to sleep (I'll ellaborate on that in another section.) Just send me a PM if you want me to beta-read.
I'm working on developing a system for rating stories. The factors that I'm taking into account are;
Have you avoided overdone characters and plotlines or perhaps twisted and parodied them? Have you avoided making it feel like another story I've read, but with a different title and character names? Are the characters unique and interesting?
Have you avoided Mary Sues and Anti-Sues? Have you avoided making it seem like you're trying too hard to make the reader feel sympathy towards your characters? (Not that I'm heartless, but making a character suffer does not equal character development) Does the reader end up caring about whether or not the character survives/succeeds in the final climax?
Is the pacing constant? Do all the loose ends get tied up? Does it feel like you, the author, know where the story is headed?
Does the story have a point to make? Is the moral consistent throughout the story, so as not to create mixed signals or make the author seem hypocritical? Is it subtly expressed so that the reader isn't bombarded with fluff phrases they've heard a hundred times already (eg. 'believe in yourself')?
Feel free to give suggestions.
|My Strengths: beta, writing, or reading strengths
- I provide balanced reviews that are critical of stories, but also point out a story's good points
- I can't help but spot silly spelling errors, because I have an intuitive ability to recognise when a word is incorrectly spelt.
- I notice grammical errors too, unless they're really minor (eg. it's instead of its.)
- I'm a fan of cold hard logic. I can tell when something in your story doesn't make sense.
- When I beta-read I always come prepared with a checklist for Mary Sue and Anti-Sue traits. If I see too many ticks on either side I'll tactfully alert you to it, while keeping in mind how tough it is to create a balanced character.
|My Weaknesses: beta, writing, or reading weaknesses
- I'm fourteen and I still don't entirely understand how commas work (embarressing I know)
- I have a low tolerance for long stories/chapters. Don't expect me to read more than 3000 words per sitting.
|Preferred: types of stories I prefer over others
I generally prefer
-stories with an element of adventure and travel
-science fiction stories
but I'll read other genres to.
|Would Rather Not: I do not beta for these stories
There's not much I wouldn't read, accept for a few things.
-Pro-religious (unless it's subtle)
-Pro-faith (anything that says 'just believing' in supernatural stuff is virtious)
-M rated stuff. It's not that I'm wimpy or prude, I just think that when an author has permission to explicit violence and sex in a story it tends to compromise the story.
|Content Rating: Fiction K » T
|Categories: categories in black are ones this beta has authored for
|Genres: genres in black are ones this beta has authored for