Home Community General A Writer's Guide to the Galaxy
A Writer's Guide to the Galaxy
Follow .
Focus: General All Categories, Since: 06-04-09
Founder: Nonlinear - Stories: 8 - Followers: 1 - id: 2603
Consider us your one stop shop for all your writing needs. Writing columns, stories worth emulating, and essays on subjects ranging from martial arts to proper etiquette. Have something to contribute? PM for consideration. (Towel Not Included)

Writing Speculative Fiction: A Nerd's Guide by Jave Harron reviews
Tired of looking for scifi and seeing nothing new? He's my attempt to help speculative fiction writers, as well as even give the pros a few new ideas. Going strong for years! Now, we cover sword and sorcery, and how to drive your enemies before you while you hear the lamentations of their women.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K+ - English - Sci-Fi/Humor - Chapters: 50 - Words: 103,506 - Reviews: 235 - Favs: 103 - Follows: 15 - Updated: 9/17/2013 - Published: 3/10/2004
Doktor Bizarro's Bookshelf of Horrors by Jave Harron reviews
Your future overlord, the second rate supervillain Dr. Bizarro, shares his opinions of horrible books. From the trainwrecks of modern writing to the gutters of history, no standard is too low. Now, Herr Doktor reads a combination of historical fantasy and police thriller set in Japan.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: T - English - Humor/Parody - Chapters: 43 - Words: 73,480 - Reviews: 90 - Favs: 17 - Follows: 13 - Updated: 11/30/2013 - Published: 3/8/2009
Why I Will Not Read Your Story by Mell8 reviews
My step-by-step, completely egocentric—yet strangely informative—guide ::rant:: to why I will not read your story, and conversely, why I will.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 5 - Words: 19,521 - Reviews: 61 - Favs: 32 - Follows: 13 - Updated: 7/31/2010 - Published: 4/26/2009
The Art of Conlanging by Meldon reviews
Fantasy worlds demand one thing: new names, words, and even languages! This essay will introduce you to the art of constructing new languages conlanging
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Fantasy - Chapters: 10 - Words: 5,446 - Reviews: 21 - Favs: 20 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 3/7/2009 - Published: 8/27/2005
A Beginner's Guide to Magic by Tristan Alkai reviews
Magic is the key to the fantasy genre. Here are some notes, tips, and guidelines for most details that a fantasy author requires as he or she goes about this vital aspect of building the world as a real-seeming place.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Fantasy - Chapters: 6 - Words: 9,155 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 19 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 11/18/2012 - Published: 6/4/2009
The Brawler's Guide to Martial Arts by pen112 reviews
In the Era of Jason Bourne and UFC, it's no longer acceptable to have spinning high kicks in your spy thrillers. Want to know about the various deadly techniques that can be used to turn your protagonist into a bone-breaking unarmed expert? Look no furthe
Fiction: Action - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 3 - Words: 2,265 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 7/9/2008 - Published: 6/25/2008