Home Community Fiction Mythology All the Other Mythologies
All the Other Mythologies
Follow .
Focus: Fiction Mythology, Since: 07-18-09
Founder: Kali-Nineteen - Stories: 23 - Followers: 4 - id: 2700
This is for people who want to read Mythology fics that aren't Greek or Roman. In other words it's Norse, Egyptian, Hindu, etc.

The Bad News Bible by Galadriel of Lothlorien reviews
In the beginning there was the Word and the Word was God - a pretty clueless God who, being bored, ended up inventing the universe. This new look on the age old story shows that the Bible is far from good news...
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Parody/Humor - Chapters: 22 - Words: 52,584 - Reviews: 31 - Favs: 27 - Follows: 11 - Updated: 1/3/2011 - Published: 1/21/2010
Faith by Glory For Sleep reviews
What kind of god becomes forgotten? ::Egypt-centric::
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Supernatural - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,035 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 7 - Follows: 1 - Published: 10/6/2009 - Complete
Nyr Volsungsaga by Lykeios reviews
A new interpretation of the ancient tale with a modern twist.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K - English - Adventure - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,355 - Reviews: 1 - Updated: 9/29/2009 - Published: 9/23/2009
La Valkiria by Maverick III reviews
Pensamientos de una Valkiria acerca de su vida.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K - Spanish - Chapters: 1 - Words: 351 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 1 - Published: 10/14/2002
Yoshi's Tears by Sasame Tamaki reviews
A tragic love story between a Japanese goddess and a simple farmer. It also explains how Japan became over one thousand islands, as well as the origin of rain.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 649 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 6 - Published: 8/16/2009 - Complete
Osiris and Seth by Dibbiedoo reviews
Seth is evil. maybe a little too evil. Will he stop at nothing to kill/destroy his brother and his family? Will he succeed?
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 955 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 3 - Published: 11/26/2001
Magda by Sailor Hylia reviews
Magda is the most beautiful girl in the village... but when she angers the goddess Freyja, her situation turns ugly...
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K - English - Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 428 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 2 - Published: 1/6/2002
The Snow Bride by short.essay reviews
A real Japanese myth, just retold in my own words.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 298 - Reviews: 25 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 1 - Published: 2/23/2002
Do the Afterlife! by Sabertooth Kitty reviews
A songfic, done in the style of "Motown Group". Horus, Anubis, and Sobek sing about the Egyptian afterlife!!
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Parody/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 630 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 4 - Published: 11/17/2002
Not with a bang but a whimper by Magpie Poet reviews
This is the way the world ends. A quick sketch. Apocalyptic I suppose. Two gods sit on a sand dune and watch their world unravel. What could they have done? This is Egyptian Mythology, I do not claim to own these fellows, I'm just borrowing them!
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Supernatural/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 903 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Published: 1/20/2003
Waiting Impatiently for the End by Blakrobe reviews
Fenrir, the great wolf who will one day be part of Ragnarok, reveals his thoughts on the matter
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 991 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 2 - Published: 2/6/2003
An Egyptian Love Story by Sabertooth Kitty reviews
A Valentine's Day treat for those that like my Egyptian myths! ^^ Thoth is in love with one of Ra's daughters, but will she accept his tender affections? PLEASE REVIEW!! I love hearing other people's opinions!
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,758 - Reviews: 19 - Favs: 6 - Published: 2/10/2003
Forbidden Love by Sabertooth Kitty reviews
Ra adores his youngest daughter Bastet, but what will happen when the god Anubis starts lusting after her? (rated for sensuality and angst)
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: T - English - Supernatural/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 14,331 - Reviews: 14 - Favs: 18 - Follows: 1 - Published: 3/22/2003
Lokasenna: The Flyting of Loki REVIEW ME NOW! by Pico the Great reviews
Baldur's dead, Fimafeng's dead, Loki can't stay in Asgard any longer. But before he leaves, he'll tell the gods exactly what he thinks, with great detail. The Flyting, Loki's POV. Reviews are welcomed and much appreciated. Rated because...it's a senna.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: T - English - Drama/Tragedy - Chapters: 11 - Words: 19,975 - Reviews: 44 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 12/3/2004 - Published: 9/17/2004
The Lay of Thrym by Kali-Nineteen reviews
The retelling of the Norse -Viking- myth when the thunder god, Thor, lost his magical hammer and had to dress up as the goddess of love to get it back. Loki's POV
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,822 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 7/25/2009 - Complete
Fidelity by San Carpenter reviews
Loki's imprisonment and suffering, from Sigyn's eyes. Gotta feel sorry for the poor girl.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 409 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 4 - Published: 7/27/2005
Hel Found Me by Pico the Great reviews
Why is Loki under a table?
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 730 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 8 - Published: 8/24/2005
Red Land, Black Land by Official Rambler reviews
The Egyptian mythos, from the point of view of everyone's favorite Guardian of the Dead. The Osiris and Isis arc, from the point of view of... Anubis.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: T - English - Drama/Adventure - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,031 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 1 - Published: 3/8/2006
Bride of a Giant by Luthiena o Lorien reviews
Based on my favorite Norse myth, when Thor the Thunderer has to marry Thrym, the Frost Giant King. Will update depending on reviews.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Humor - Chapters: 4 - Words: 1,084 - Reviews: 14 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 10/1/2006 - Published: 8/2/2005
Good Morning Surtur by Johnny Thailborough reviews
A very short story about Ragnorak, from the perspective of a modern day fellow named Frank.
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: K+ - English - Humor/Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 901 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 2 - Published: 9/20/2007 - Complete
The Devil's Love by CLFreiborg reviews
The Devil comes to earth in search of the mortal woman he's been searching for, but the Seraphim have another idea. Short story
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: T - English - Supernatural/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,527 - Reviews: 3 - Follows: 1 - Published: 2/4/2009 - Complete
Sigyn by Nonlinear reviews
If the face of unfaithful Helen launched a thousand ships, why then is it strange that Sigyn, with her smile, laugh, and unfailing devotion, would cause Loki, the jotun who loved her, to find the strength to shatter the unbreakable, thus ending the world?
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: T - English - Tragedy/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,996 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 1 - Published: 2/5/2009 - Complete
I'm Not a Goddess! I'm Human! by RaeOUT reviews
Egyptian mythology, Greek in later. Mistaken identities, ancient love struck heros, Death, gods playing pranks and pranks on gods, Setia’s real problem isn’t how she’s going to get home but if she going to want to go home. Better summery within
Fiction: Mythology - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Chapters: 7 - Words: 40,272 - Reviews: 19 - Favs: 18 - Follows: 19 - Updated: 5/24/2010 - Published: 4/29/2009