Home Community Fiction Essay Collected Essays on Modern Social and Political Topics
Collected Essays on Modern Social and Political Topics
Follow .
Focus: Fiction Essay, Since: 03-11-07
Founder: RuathaWehrling - Stories: 20 - Followers: 4 - id: 782
An anthology of the best essays about modern social and political matters. I will include essays from both sides of the issue, as long as they are of high enough quality. If you have read an essay that fits in this community, email me with it.

Stop Politicizing the Olympic Games by torch621 reviews
With the advent of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, numerous groups have tried to turn the games into a stage for politcal protest. It's time to end this.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 668 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 1 - Published: 8/9/2008 - Complete
Orality vs Literacy: a battle of word art by Literate Barbarian reviews
Essays on topics of oral and written artistic expression: 1. Comparison of skills used in oral and written storytelling. 2.Tips for oral performance 3.Tall tales
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 3 - Words: 6,131 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 1 - Updated: 8/26/2008 - Published: 7/12/2008
Collected Social and Political Essays by RuathaWehrling reviews
Newest essay: "A New Voting System"
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 11 - Words: 14,170 - Reviews: 29 - Favs: 2 - Updated: 6/21/2012 - Published: 2/25/2008
Should Teachers Have Concealed Weapons in Schools? by Crystal Stone reviews
yes, I think we can allow them that freedom.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 476 - Reviews: 7 - Published: 11/16/2007
War Starts on the Playground by b-U-b-TRUE reviews
I realize that it is most likely that no one will read this, as I don't know many people who read essays in their spare time! This is a moral essay, using no external resources, only internal ones. I think that it's worth a read!
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 662 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 3 - Published: 11/18/2007
A Free Country? by Crystal Stone reviews
are we truly free or is political correctness taking over?
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 976 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 2 - Published: 10/23/2007
Say Good Bye to Disney Channel? by Crystal Stone reviews
why Disney Channel should be abolished.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,030 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 4 - Published: 10/23/2007 - Complete
Black businesses hurting the community by The Message reviews
an essay pondering this question.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 873 - Reviews: 4 - Published: 7/8/2007 - Complete
Proud Really? by Kazuki Mishima reviews
This is a reflection on failed nationalism.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: T - English - Tragedy/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 258 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 6/30/2007 - Complete
Jesus: metaphorical or literal? by the coffee fiend reviews
An essay on how the Christ narrative fits into the worldwide Monomyth. Is it possible to take Jesus as a literal historical figure, or is the story entirely metaphorical?
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,537 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Published: 6/22/2007 - Complete
Marijuana: Facts, Myths, and Misconceptions by The Dude Abides reviews
Here's the gist of it: Weed, Pot, Dank, Ganja, Wacky Tobacky, whatEVER it is you call the drug, the truth about it must come out. Now, this isn't just some kind of rant it's an educated look at marijuana and why it should be legal.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,687 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 2 - Published: 6/5/2007 - Complete
Gay Is Okay! by Namir Swiftpaw reviews
An essay I wrote about why I believe homosexuals should be allowed to get married. DO NOT FLAME ME FOR MY OPINIONS. If you disagree, feel free to do so in a civil manner.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 889 - Reviews: 290 - Favs: 71 - Follows: 3 - Published: 3/14/2003
Don't Fear the Reefer by Saint Serepta reviews
My thoughts on the debate surrounding the legalization of marijuana.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 687 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 2 - Published: 3/25/2007 - Complete
Why You Should Learn A Second Language by Sam Loomis reviews
Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt. The limit of my language is the limit of my world.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 635 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 1 - Published: 3/14/2007 - Complete
The Rich: Are They Superior to the Poor? by Biocube reviews
In the 2004 edition of "Intelligence", psychologists Satoshi Kanazawa and Jody Kovar published their paper "Why Beautiful People are more Intelligent". The purpose of this paper is to show errors in their logic and the biases in the studies and statisitc
Fiction: Essay - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,505 - Reviews: 4 - Published: 3/5/2006
Intelligent Design and Creationism by Biocube reviews
My perspective on this controversy, and my unique compromise solution for it. Also, my logical and scientific problems with the theory of evolution. Some parts contain technical language.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,226 - Reviews: 7 - Published: 3/7/2006
The Yak Effect by No Trust reviews
A soviet warplane spinning its propellers over Russia in the 1940's can cause an American and an Australian to write a couple of essays for FictionPress.com in 2006.
Fiction: Essay - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,319 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 1 - Published: 7/10/2006
Liberty and Justice for All by RickxDynamo reviews
A short essay I wrote for my EthicsAmerican Gov. Class. About Homosexual rights. Please R&R..thanks!
Fiction: Essay - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 451 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 1 - Published: 3/2/2007 - Complete