Home Community Fiction Romance Is there a cure for the young man's broken blues?
Is there a cure for the young man's broken blues?
Follow .
Focus: Fiction Romance, Since: 07-08-07
Founder: jude-lost - Stories: 154 - Followers: 7 - id: 1129
My favourite stories on FP. A place for quality and creativity.

OK guys...this might be the end of FictionPress as we know it. Most of the stories I used to read have been taken down because of plagiarism. If you are against plagiarism, go here and sign this petition to encourage authors to stay and fight. You can also go here if you find any of your favourite stories have been copied. Remeber: it's important to notify the author as soon as possible.

The EllieFin in the Cupboard by Jessie L. Star - AKA star123 reviews
Oneshot. 'I grinned, liking this stranger with his warm brown eyes and cup that announced he was a 12 year old girl.' Turns out cupboards under the stairs aren't just for wizards.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,967 - Reviews: 109 - Favs: 312 - Follows: 22 - Published: 1/5/2011 - Complete
Walking Through Life by Mailai reviews
Sometimes two people are just meant to be together, but Lauren finds that it's not easy convincing Erik of this when he is hung up on their six-year age gap. One shot
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K - English - Romance - Chapters: 2 - Words: 8,340 - Reviews: 46 - Favs: 147 - Follows: 6 - Updated: 12/23/2010 - Published: 12/13/2010 - Complete
French Kisses by Jerk-me-around reviews
It's the typical story. The best friend runs in, steals the girl, and leaves the jerk at the altar. Just like the movies, huh? The only problem for Derek Fisher, and his best friend Eleanor French, is that I'm not your average jerk. I want my woman back.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 6,650 - Reviews: 42 - Favs: 130 - Follows: 8 - Published: 5/19/2010 - Complete
Movement by currentlyaway reviews
The first thing he ever sees is her swinging left orange Converse shoe; it’s dirty, scratched and doodled on. And he can’t stop staring. Romantic, pointless one-shot.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,589 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 29 - Follows: 2 - Published: 4/20/2010 - Complete
Cybernetic Pizza by Armith-Greenleaf reviews
REMOVED / One-Shot sort of Challenge "The next person to knock on your door will be your soul mate." She deleted the junk mail, and the next second the door bell rang.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1 - Reviews: 23 - Favs: 70 - Follows: 5 - Published: 9/6/2009 - Complete
Carnival High by Le Meg reviews
Finn learns a very important lesson from a girl at his school's fundraiser carnival: rain checks are for pansies. Inspired by the TaD writing prompt from issue #4.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,099 - Reviews: 78 - Favs: 191 - Follows: 11 - Published: 7/10/2009 - Complete
This One Last Chance by Jessie L. Star - AKA star123 reviews
One shot. Sometimes when you mess things up with your girlfriend it only takes a priest, a red balloon, frozen peas and evil triplets to set things right again. This is that story.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,004 - Reviews: 74 - Favs: 143 - Follows: 13 - Published: 8/9/2009 - Complete
The Bone House by KnittingKneedle reviews
The cliff my house sits on is slowly eroding into the sea, my mother is determined to go with it and there’s a beautiful, too young boy who thinks he can fix all my problems. But cliffs don’t grow back and the tide keeps coming.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 6 - Words: 16,801 - Reviews: 79 - Favs: 17 - Follows: 32 - Updated: 1/5/2009 - Published: 5/26/2008
To Be a Pansy by its.Nothing.Special reviews
But most of all, if he loved her, then certainly he wouldn’t have had the gall to show up at her doorstep three hours and sixteen minutes late for their dinner date with neither an excuse nor a drop of remorse. Yet there he was, so ha! Oneshot.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,738 - Reviews: 38 - Favs: 140 - Follows: 7 - Published: 7/16/2009 - Complete
Personal Bias by Le Meg reviews
Julia King learns just how hard it is to remain professional in the face of personal bias and, oh, complete and utter loathing, when her boss takes on a new but familiar client. Written for the "I Love To Hate You" challenge.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,949 - Reviews: 179 - Favs: 592 - Follows: 32 - Published: 6/28/2009 - Complete
action, reaction by merryhouse reviews
Her friends tease her. She takes the train. She buys ice cream. She conveniently forgets to wear pants with her long tee shirts. She goes on dates. And at the year twelve formal, she finds herself spiking the punch.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,260 - Reviews: 33 - Favs: 81 - Follows: 4 - Published: 1/19/2009 - Complete
Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop by Sharada Sharada reviews
I have two secrets - my addiction to chick lit, and the real reason why I drag myself to meet him at the most god awful coffee shop in town. Despite my careful deception, he discovers both of them. In the same morning. Oneshot.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,529 - Reviews: 31 - Favs: 70 - Follows: 7 - Published: 5/31/2009 - Complete
Lisa's Theorem by Miss Moo reviews
She was supposed to fall passionately in love with one of those arty types. Instead she was left wondering whether or not she should be concerned about her scrawny boyfriend's relationship with Pythagorus. A fluffy one-shot type.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,038 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 29 - Follows: 2 - Published: 5/19/2009 - Complete
The Irony of Fate by NiceShoesLetsFcuk reviews
His past has been rearranged overnight. He wakes up to a life he doesn't recognize, next to a woman he hates.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Supernatural - Chapters: 7 - Words: 17,507 - Reviews: 33 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 20 - Updated: 5/21/2007 - Published: 8/9/2006
Keep Your Coat On by Pinkamoo reviews
“You're spying on me.” He says, once more with that flat, no-nonsense tone. I blink up at him and go to laugh off the accusation when he holds up a hand. “You were, behind that tree right there. Why?” for the RIDICULOUSLY HAPPY ONESHOTS CONTEST
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 8,436 - Reviews: 31 - Favs: 145 - Follows: 11 - Published: 5/9/2009 - Complete
Kinetic Poetry by Myrika reviews
They'll fight to stay in each other's worlds, two odd ducks swimming together because in the end they have the same voice. //REMOVED//
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 214 - Reviews: 60 - Favs: 37 - Published: 7/16/2007 - Complete
Just Nutty by pixiepoptartz reviews
ONE-SHOT. Deodorant? Check. Irresistible charm? Always. Minty fresh breath? You got it, dude. Underwear? Oh snap. John’s not used to getting the cold-shoulder treatment, but after meeting Kandy, he’s been getting a lot of cold shower action.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,644 - Reviews: 51 - Favs: 144 - Follows: 16 - Published: 4/12/2009 - Complete
Anna and Nathan by julianne.in.love
Nathan falls obsessively in love with Anna, but struggles to find the reason why. He turns to palmistry and biology for answers. Anna thinks she reciprocates his feelings, but is unsure whether she loves Nathan or just the attention he gives her. Oneshot.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,803 - Favs: 2 - Published: 4/5/2009 - Complete
Something In The Summer Air by pixiepoptartz reviews
Three weeks was a long time. As she snapped the Twix bar in half, she glanced at him and wondered if he knew she was about to do the same to his heart. He smiled at her then, and she felt herself melt faster than the chocolate in her mouth.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 4 - Words: 18,427 - Reviews: 118 - Favs: 70 - Follows: 116 - Updated: 12/30/2011 - Published: 4/1/2009
She Will Be Loved by this is the life reviews
ONEshot. - We were, as most people would call these days, friends with benefits. "So yeah, I guess this is it." I whispered at his sleeping form. I removed his arms from me and I felt the absence I would feel for the rest of my life. "Goodbye."
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,322 - Reviews: 178 - Favs: 529 - Follows: 45 - Published: 11/17/2008 - Complete
Warmth by Wolf's Night reviews
OneShot: Casey doesn't like people knowing that she's not like everyone else and she definitely doesn't need anyone's pity or help. He was just curious about the bookshop girl with too many weird quirks. So what does he do? Stalks her. Kind of. R&R?
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 6,976 - Reviews: 63 - Favs: 184 - Follows: 9 - Published: 2/21/2009 - Complete
A Shared Bottle by stringless-kite reviews
One-Shot // A shared bottle of red wine between the Maid of Honour and the Best Man couldn't hurt, right? Wrong.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 8,353 - Reviews: 15 - Favs: 63 - Follows: 1 - Published: 2/18/2009 - Complete
Lollygag by In.the.Wardrobe reviews
. word of the day series One Shot. Ben delivered a gym membership to her house. Lucy, the I've-never-exercised-in-my-life girl, pretended to not be home. A match made in heaven?
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,508 - Reviews: 37 - Favs: 96 - Follows: 8 - Published: 1/5/2009 - Complete
The Parquet by NiceShoesLetsFcuk reviews
We've heard it before. A sexy ballroom dancer with broody blue eyes. An awkward schoolgirl who smokes too much. Lots of cynicism; lots of heat.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 15 - Words: 31,204 - Reviews: 89 - Favs: 32 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 2/27/2006 - Published: 11/8/2005
Selfish People by NiceShoesLetsFcuk reviews
Some jerk makes a bet with his idiot friend that he can sleep with a pretty girl. For this task, he enlists the help of the pretty girl's shrewish roommate. Total lack of decency abounds.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 15 - Words: 28,442 - Reviews: 130 - Favs: 100 - Follows: 20 - Updated: 8/9/2006 - Published: 3/5/2006
102 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »