Home Community Fiction Young Adult Renaissance Man Books
Renaissance Man Books
Follow .
Focus: Fiction Young Adult, Since: 06-16-13
Founder: ironsharpensiron27 - Stories: 13 - Followers: 0 - Staff: 2 - id: 4389
These books basically have three or more of the following criteria
1). An excellent or compelling plot/storyline
2). Beautiful imagery or description
3). Dialogue that either defines a character or leads to another plot point (in other words no pointless dialogue, there's a reason why characters say what they say)
4). Creative, original ideas
The reason for the name of the category is Renaissance Man is another term for Well-rounded. This category is really the 'meat' of fiction, or the most compelling

The Deviant by Andrew Knight reviews
I was detained as a Deviant, a threat to society, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Solstice, our city, is an illusion of safety created by one man and an army of misguided souls. They turned me into a weapon; a powerful weapon whose only purpose is to hunt down my past. A past I had no part of; a past stained with blood and rebellion. Dystopian/Sci-fi adventure!
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Chapters: 3 - Words: 10,682 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 1/26/2016 - Published: 3/1/2015
Kairos by pharoahsqueen reviews
Where one morning Riley is worrying about final exams, the next she fears for her life. Enlightened to a world that has long existed beneath the veil of humanity Riley has a hard time figuring out how she belongs. Unfortunately for her, not everything is as it seems and her life may have been nothing but a lie. [Reviews welcome! thanks!]
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Adventure - Chapters: 6 - Words: 25,600 - Reviews: 1 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 9/23/2014 - Published: 9/21/2014
Unexpected by pharoahsqueen reviews
"I never asked for any of this. All I ever wanted was to remain invisible. Unfortunately, it is hard to be invisible when you're cursed." [Reviews welcome! Thanks!]
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 2 - Words: 9,939 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 11/3/2013 - Published: 10/24/2013
I'm in Love With a Professional Heartbreaker by AmazingGrace91 reviews
When Adam's con-artist uncle forces him to seduce the daughter of the richest man in town, he gets a horrible surprise; the daughter is his best friend. Throw love, loyalty and an identical twin into the mix and his "mission" gets a little messy...
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 50 - Words: 479,994 - Reviews: 673 - Favs: 174 - Follows: 102 - Updated: 6/1/2011 - Published: 12/13/2009 - Complete
Illuminate by spiritofthedragon15
Melody, an average teenage girl, is suddenly shaken from the life she's always known. The Mystiks, a colony of hostile people who live on the moon, have inducted her into their ranks. Melody, learning of a secret past she never knew about, discovers a shocking secret about herself. To find answers, Melody runs away to New York City and awakens powers she needs to survive.
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Friendship - Chapters: 20 - Words: 29,651 - Favs: 2 - Updated: 2/8/2014 - Published: 6/25/2013
Barely Breathing by MagicWords reviews
He leads me to our secret place in the middle of the woods and begs me to keep his secret. If I refuse, I lose him. If I accept, I risk both our lives. Gently, I reach out and take his hands, though he trembles under my touch. He can't trust me, but I am not discouraged. I look him directly in the eyes and seal our destines with one single word...
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 170 - Reviews: 29 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 5 - Updated: 7/10/2013 - Published: 6/27/2013
DeadLock by Faith Mairi reviews
Jinx is an experiment living in the facility DeadLock. Surrounded by enemies, she takes her temper out on fighting with her fellow freaks. Having to endure the hardships her friends go through as they suffer, cry and die, she has to stay strong. There is no escaping their prison and Jinx knows she is far too abnormal to fit in with the Outside. But, they can still dream.
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Romance/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 4 - Words: 6,625 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 1 - Updated: 9/24/2013 - Published: 6/28/2013
Diseased: The Cure is Out There by DDerby95 reviews
I have a dark secret; one I can't even bring myself to confront. At the same time my city is dying from tumors that form on our skin. My brother thinks if I travel outside the wall surrounding our city that I can find the last pure human. He will be sacrificed to find the cure. Sounds easy enough? It's not like I'm going to fall in love with him or anything.
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Romance/Suspense - Chapters: 27 - Words: 86,539 - Reviews: 32 - Favs: 15 - Follows: 10 - Updated: 6/27/2013 - Published: 4/11/2013 - Complete
Pushed Too Far by Electric Mouse
Fight for your life, Fight for your word, Fight for your family. In an apocalyptic world where everything is falling apart, a small dysfunctional family is trying to survive. People from the past will come and haunt them, will they still be the same? Can you even trust those closest to you?
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 2 - Words: 3,679 - Updated: 6/17/2013 - Published: 6/12/2013
The End Of Your Everything by SirCaptainPickles
In life, there are paths you have to take. But in this story, the paths are made for you, and you don't fit the story that is yours.
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: K+ - English - Adventure - Chapters: 1 - Words: 489 - Published: 6/16/2013