Home Community General Stand-Out Stories
Stand-Out Stories
Follow .
Focus: General All Categories, Since: 06-18-12
Founder: Leila Archer - Stories: 5 - Followers: 0 - id: 4093
We scour FictionPress looking for stories that just plain stand out. They can be from a variety of different categories and at varying stages of completion, but every story on here is one that displays an excellent plot development and a profound use of their language. From fiction to poetry, this is a collection of some of well-written works of art. If you're looking for something to catch your eye, this is the place to start!

Fate and Quarters by Lost In My Nightmare reviews
His quarter rises up, up, up and spins down. It glints in the fading sunlight, blinds him momentarily, but his long fingers nimbly catch it. No quarter escapes him. Especially not his self-titled lucky one.
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 947 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 1 - Published: 10/10/2012 - Complete
Home Is Where The Broken Hearts Are by CaughtUpInYou reviews
Melrose Grace had left home six years ago, and vowed never to come back. But she broke that vow, and now she's back at Texas, and it stirs up trouble. What can happen when a young woman comes back to her hometown to find that more than ages have changed?
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,788 - Reviews: 1 - Follows: 1 - Published: 6/20/2012
Writing What People Want To Read by perverted.intellectual reviews
Tired of your story not getting a lot of reviews or even views? What are you doing wrong? Maybe it's simple as typing 'I suck at summaries lol.' Explores some pitfalls writers have and how they can change. Chap. 14: Angst
Fiction: Essay - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 14 - Words: 66,410 - Reviews: 113 - Favs: 100 - Follows: 43 - Updated: 4/3/2010 - Published: 12/15/2009
Everything I Need by The Smile Machine reviews
He winked and turned around to return to his desk, giving me a glimpse of The Complete Collection of Poems by Edgar Allan Poe sticking out of his back pocket like a sign with big red words saying, "I am attractive and intelligent. Do me now." The universe did not play fair.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Humor/Drama - Chapters: 20 - Words: 70,395 - Reviews: 154 - Favs: 140 - Follows: 134 - Updated: 7/19/2013 - Published: 4/29/2012 - Complete