Home Community General The Best One Shots
The Best One Shots
Follow .
Focus: General All Categories, Since: 10-19-06
Founder: Aimers - Stories: 36 - Followers: 2 - id: 115
Want something that won't take forever to finish reading? Annoyed at unfinished stories? These one shots will be sure to satisfy your desires for a quick but delicious read. PM for suggestions.

Of Coffee and Overrated Epic Poetry by Aurette reviews
She watches him, when her boyfriend asks who he was. She’s about to answer when the professor walks into a pillar and curses loudly. “No one,” she says once he’s gone. ONE-SHOT.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,445 - Reviews: 23 - Favs: 84 - Follows: 2 - Published: 12/25/2008 - Complete
Belated Christmas by Niarisu reviews
A year later, somewhere in the world, a clock strikes twelve. A memory of lights and windows and hand holding on one specific Christmas Eve, before the world - their world - changed. I wasn't certain if this fell in "angst" or not, but...
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,166 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 1 - Follows: 1 - Published: 5/9/2009 - Complete
Caller Unknown by She Had Somewhere To Go reviews
ONE SHOT So you find a phone, and you take it, because… it’s a free phone, why wouldn’t you? And it’s pretty sweet until the angry owner starts calling you every chance he gets.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,162 - Reviews: 215 - Favs: 827 - Follows: 44 - Published: 3/22/2008 - Complete
Daisy Dare by SamanthaNicole reviews
REMOVED. I’ve always had a reputation for being adventurous. So when Vlad asked me to marry him after knowing each other for all of five minutes, I just had to say yes. I'd always liked a good challenge.
Fiction: General - Rated: T - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 11 - Reviews: 45 - Favs: 25 - Follows: 7 - Published: 2/4/2009 - Complete
Snapshot by Kinderwhore reviews
In the world of romance, some clichés are inevitable: the trick was not to fall for the embarrassing ones. A hint of het, a dash of femslash, and a sprinkling of sugary fluff. -PREQUEL to SPANISH WEB-
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,526 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 4 - Published: 5/26/2008 - Complete
Always Meant Something to Me by Jessie L. Star - AKA star123 reviews
One shot. What's a girl to do when her ten night stand throws her knickers out the window? Steal a pair of his boxers to wear of course. It's not a big deal, until Kristie Carlson comes up and asks whether you're wearing someone else's underwear.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,990 - Reviews: 128 - Favs: 497 - Follows: 41 - Published: 11/25/2008 - Complete
Eulogies and Post It Notes Can Change the World! by Imaginary Parachute reviews
[VERY LONG ONE SHOT] Abe Pruitt is going to improve the world, and she's doing it with sticky notes. Jack St. James is going to keep on being bothersome, and he looks good doing it, damn him. Doesn't it suck when the tables are turned? [EDITED]
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 13,743 - Reviews: 349 - Favs: 1,195 - Follows: 69 - Updated: 6/29/2007 - Published: 6/5/2007 - Complete
Worth a Thousand Words by Kendal reviews
Saying farewell is never easy.
Fiction: General - Rated: T - English - Drama/Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,452 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 1 - Published: 6/30/2008 - Complete
Seven Minutes in Heaven by SamanthaNicole reviews
REMOVED. After three years on the cheerleading squad, I was still single, and pining after my geeky lab partner. Don’t ask me how or why, because I couldn’t tell you. All I know is that the way he mixes dangerous chemicals really turns me on.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K - English - Romance/Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 11 - Reviews: 140 - Favs: 167 - Follows: 17 - Published: 4/23/2008 - Complete
Not Another Sob Story by Queen Anabella reviews
You'd think something cliche like falling for your best friend only happens in Fictionpress romances. Ha! How I wish that was the case. [OneShot. Written for challenge.]
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,381 - Reviews: 39 - Favs: 56 - Follows: 7 - Published: 5/28/2007 - Complete
The Coffee Shop by Queen Anabella reviews
He didn't like coffee. Or waiting. Thankfully, she was there to help pass the time. One shot.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,269 - Reviews: 94 - Favs: 258 - Follows: 14 - Published: 7/6/2007 - Complete
Three Feet Under by Madame Y reviews
I stroll by the beaches every night, where the sand crunches like mashed jewels or skulls beneath my feet.
Fiction: Horror - Rated: K+ - English - Supernatural/Suspense - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,776 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 2 - Published: 3/5/2008 - Complete
The Little Things by The Cat Died Nobly reviews
They liked the little things in life. He liked the way she was comfortable in her own skin. She liked the way he would purposefully get flour over himself for her amusement. Neither was after making a big mark on the world...just on each other. [oneshot]
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,621 - Reviews: 25 - Favs: 60 - Follows: 4 - Published: 11/25/2007 - Complete
Third Time's the Charm by Emotionless Crystal reviews
What to do, what to do? The girl you love thinks you love everyone else, so what do you do? Oh, I don't know, tell her? OneShot.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,634 - Reviews: 29 - Favs: 58 - Follows: 2 - Published: 3/16/2007 - Complete
Ilia by Queen Anabella reviews
She was so breathtakingly beautiful in his eyes that he could forget she was his daughter to share a moment with her. One-shot.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,645 - Reviews: 27 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 2 - Published: 5/22/2006
Pretty Girl by Phoebe73 reviews
Pretty Girl... In A Room...
Poetry: General - Rated: K+ - English - Mystery - Chapters: 1 - Words: 53 - Reviews: 4 - Published: 2/10/2001
breathe IN by belle.nisce reviews
You are beautiful, but you don't mean a thing to me. ONEshot. [Ultimate Lullaby Award at Satisfaction Awards]
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Angst/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 844 - Reviews: 21 - Favs: 18 - Follows: 1 - Published: 10/23/2006 - Complete
c a m e r a by belle.nisce reviews
Elle, unable to see colors, views the world a little differently through the eye of the camera.
Fiction: Mystery - Rated: K - English - Angst/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,394 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 1 - Published: 6/5/2005 - Complete
Blue Secrets by elasticbobaturtle reviews
Quietly, so he won't wake her. Careful, so she won't stir. Tomorrow morning, he won't be there anymore.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 474 - Reviews: 4 - Published: 9/21/2006
Why Not Me? by S.J.Maas reviews
A short story retelling of Hansel and Gretel through the eyes of the Witch.
Fiction: General - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,182 - Reviews: 125 - Favs: 61 - Follows: 2 - Published: 6/26/2001
Memories Anonymous by Tizzu reviews
"Very carefully, a woman lifts a crystal cylinder of perfume off her bureau. She is approaching sixty, and has begun to fade; each year her face is carved with new wrinkles, her sensual lips shrivel, and her smoldering eyes grow dim." Please R&R, not sure
Fiction: General - Rated: K+ - English - Drama/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,073 - Reviews: 3 - Published: 2/2/2004
Blind Faith by ForgottenSmiles reviews
Their eyes met, a brief clash of blue and brown. He stopped breathing. She smiled coyly. Three years hadn't changed a thing. Oneshot.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: T - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,002 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 1 - Published: 12/28/2006 - Complete
Ambiguity by Endless Dark reviews
Greeting cards as a method of torture?
Fiction: General - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 709 - Reviews: 94 - Favs: 76 - Follows: 6 - Published: 12/6/2004 - Complete
In Sickness and In Health by treadondreams reviews
A heartfelt speech to a husband.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,894 - Reviews: 118 - Favs: 244 - Follows: 19 - Published: 5/20/2003
Synesthesia by Federname reviews
Have you ever noticed that you can taste words, in a way? Synesthesia. Matt meets an interesting English major at a party.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Mystery - Chapters: 1 - Words: 941 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 4 - Published: 1/6/2007 - Complete
34 | Page 1 2 Next »