Home Community General Weekly Writing Challenge
Weekly Writing Challenge
Follow .
Focus: General All Categories, Since: 12-23-09
Founder: Kristina Suko - Stories: 26 - Followers: 2 - id: 2960
Short stories written by myself and others weekly, based on a photo I post on my blog every Monday. Visit my FP profile to learn more.

Disenchanted by Bethie M. W reviews
Before the curse, she'd never done more than splintered a goblet, or froze a budding tree by mistake. Most of the village children refused to play with her, but she always had Brak. Until there was Raine.
Fiction: Fantasy - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,281 - Reviews: 5 - Published: 5/29/2011
Titus Flannegin's Amazing Machine by Bethie M. W reviews
A man stands in a rusty old tub, fully clothed and surrounded by butterflies. Where did he come from, and more importantly, why am I asking rhetorical questions?
Fiction: Sci-Fi - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,186 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 1 - Published: 3/14/2011 - Complete
Joachim Kelley by Kristina Suko reviews
Ironic, that a man’s life would be doomed by the way he made a living.
Fiction: Mystery - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,598 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 1 - Published: 1/16/2011 - Complete
White Mistress by Avra-Sha Faohla reviews
The heat behind her was unbelievably intense, fiercer than anything she’d ever felt. She had to leave now, or she’d die.
Fiction: Fantasy - Rated: K+ - English - Fantasy/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,354 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 2 - Published: 2/6/2011 - Complete
Marley's Fun House by Sarah B. Whiting
Short story My life is already forfeit, you can't save me, but you can save yourself.
Fiction: Horror - Rated: T - English - Horror - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,819 - Published: 1/11/2011 - Complete
The Silver Reckoning by isthiswalrus reviews
A silver drop of light had been the cause of it all. She had ruined his life. He had hunted her down. Now it would finally come to an end.
Fiction: Fantasy - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,751 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 4 - Published: 5/12/2011 - Complete
The Fall of Leonard Vanderbilt by Avra-Sha Faohla reviews
He was the High Wizard, but he was corrupted by greed, power, and Old Magic.
Fiction: Fantasy - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Horror - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,352 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 1 - Published: 5/8/2011 - Complete
The House on the Hill by scharlie18 reviews
Once when the moon didn’t shine as bright/There lay an old house at the top of a hill/Where dark won the war against light/Where silence was king and all lay still.
Poetry: General - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Horror - Chapters: 1 - Words: 607 - Reviews: 2 - Published: 3/16/2011 - Complete
The Witch's Black Deed by Avra-Sha Faohla reviews
The storm far away creates vespertine sky, / But she, unaffected, is ice in the sun.
Poetry: Fantasy - Rated: T - English - Poetry/Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 228 - Reviews: 2 - Published: 3/6/2011 - Complete
Aquatic Suffocation by Avra-Sha Faohla reviews
A ghost story of sorts. Right in front of me, slowly rising from the now-rippling water, is a face.
Fiction: Supernatural - Rated: T - English - Supernatural/Horror - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,554 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 2/26/2011 - Complete
The Last Balloon by Bethie M. W reviews
A boy, a girl, and eleven Mylar balloons. Happy Belated Valentine's Day.
Fiction: Young Adult - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Family - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,639 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 1 - Published: 2/21/2011
Red by Bethie M. W reviews
She knows nothing of herself; past, present, or future, except for the haunting memory of something Red. She ambles on-searching-for what, she cannot tell. One-shot adaptation of ye 'ole fairy tale. Rated T for briefly mentioned nekkedness and violence.
Fiction: Fantasy - Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Mystery - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,694 - Reviews: 5 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 1 - Published: 1/29/2011 - Complete
The Man by Avra-Sha Faohla reviews
The Man is out there, waiting for you.
Fiction: Supernatural - Rated: K+ - English - Supernatural/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,228 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 1 - Published: 1/23/2011 - Complete
Aberrance Avoidance by OniRoi reviews
Even the galaxy isn't big enough to avoid the one person you never want to see again.
Fiction: Sci-Fi - Rated: T - English - Humor - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,256 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 4 - Published: 1/15/2011 - Complete
She Who Has Felt the Woe by Avra-Sha Faohla reviews
He best can pity who has felt the woe. -John Gay, Dione
Fiction: General - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,554 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 1 - Published: 1/16/2011 - Complete
Before A Fall by Avra-Sha Faohla reviews
He wanted nothing more than to collapse on the sand and escape into slumber, but he knew that as long as he kept walking, the spell would sustain him, even if his body told him otherwise... He could not surrender.
Fiction: Fantasy - Rated: K+ - English - Tragedy/Supernatural - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,213 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 12/19/2010 - Complete
I wait by M.Bianca reviews
a challenge response to Maranwe Telrunya - week nine
Fiction: General - Rated: K - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,045 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 1 - Published: 8/24/2010 - Complete
The Wild by scharlie18 reviews
She made one mistake, one little mistake, and suddenly, everything they know about her, everything, is thrown away and forgotten. Where do you go when you can't go back?
Poetry: Life - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 617 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 1 - Published: 7/19/2010 - Complete
Her Soldier by scharlie18 reviews
Her soldier to her would never return. Her tears could only be matched by the rain. It was for him she would always yearn. It was in his hands her heart would remain.
Poetry: Love - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 364 - Reviews: 5 - Published: 7/6/2010 - Complete
The Tree's Dirge by Avra-Sha Faohla reviews
No matter how many times it comes and passes, the tree can never seem to remember that winter is not forever.
Fiction: Fantasy - Rated: K - English - Fantasy/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 955 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 2 - Published: 7/1/2010 - Complete
An Orchestra Plays in my Backyard by scharlie18 reviews
You might say that there is nothing to hear, but you have to listen with more than your ears. So, come and sit by me.
Poetry: Nature - Rated: K - English - Poetry - Chapters: 1 - Words: 255 - Reviews: 4 - Favs: 2 - Published: 6/29/2010 - Complete
Another Engagement by ThreeBlackRoses reviews
Perhaps he would loathe her, mourn her and despair of her now, but someday her sacrifice would buy his happiness.
Fiction: Romance - Rated: K+ - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,133 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 2 - Follows: 1 - Published: 6/22/2010 - Complete
Hope by walkonair reviews
The water is like glass, flat, calm, deceiving. She shields her face with her hand, but the fog remains. It has been three weeks. Somehow, a part of her knows that they aren’t going to come home.
Fiction: General - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,804 - Reviews: 1 - Published: 6/19/2010 - Complete
Tempest by Kristina Suko reviews
Even the blood that slowly inched towards him across the ashy sand did not distract him. He was altogether too familiar with the woman that lay beside him. She had been dead long before he had carried her body to this spot.
Fiction: Mystery - Rated: T - English - Tragedy/Crime - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,844 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 4 - Published: 6/14/2010 - Complete