Reviews for I tried, Mother
Gauy chapter 1 . 6/12/2003
I can't say I can relate to this one. When it came to something important, I never explained how I felt to anyone. Just let them have their way, just to avoid an argument or other conflict.
Smoky Bear chapter 1 . 5/11/2003
Philip Larkin summed it up with "they fuck u up, your mum and dad." And you're right too... parents don't take their children say seriously...it's sad.

The poem itself has style and simplicity. what you haven't written here speaks volumes in what you have. i like that. clear and to the point. once again everyone can relate, good job.
Jade6 chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
Oh. This is so sad. It is amazing how much can sometimes *not* be said between a parent and child. This is tragic the way communication has completely broken down. My favorite lines were:

I look at I hesitate,

You wait..

It was such a telling moment in your piece. This moment of silence before the parting. A *very* good piece!

Take Care

Jade
Hopes Forgotten chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
Short, sad, and good. I almost want to cry it's so sad!
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 1 . 12/26/2002
When I try to talk to my mom, she gets more confused. I figure, what's the point? I can relate.
bLoOdYhAnDs chapter 1 . 10/24/2002
how sad... very simple, yet deep.
broken wings241 chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
oh, how rude! Sometimes I don't get parents, they tell you not to be stupid when you say the world sux, they tell you not to be a quitter when you say it's too hard and they tell you not to take the cowards way out when you talk of suicide... that is probably not the best thing to say to a suicidal teenager. I don't get parents as was afore mentioned.
TK Styles chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
I like this. It has a really strong message. Short to to the point. Keep up the good work. Peace.
The Crazy Cricket chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
Wow! Short, but has a very real message! I feel that way sometimes when I try to talk to one of my parents! It doesn't work!
AquaSilverDragon chapter 1 . 10/13/2002
hey, know what you mean! just like my mom...:-(

Awesome poem.