Reviews for ken burns' civil war
E. Gao chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
Miah! yours is so much abstract than mine, which clearly makes you a superior poet. _

I loved the part about the fiddler player and the stars - so so beautiful, in such an understated way. we need more writers like you.

oh, and I found an interesting parallel between our two poems:

"music and all finery is well-

and-

good when there behind it lacks a mandate-"

and

"The battles live on only

through surround sound -

this narration is unnecessary."

Whee! [claps hands]

EG
Piper Cub chapter 1 . 10/14/2002
This sounds very lonely-rugged and mountainous. Let me guess. . . are you from the smokies? Been there! I've spent quite a bit of time around the rez, as a matter of fact. I have a friend who lives practically on the Cherokee reservation (on deeded land, that is). As a matter of fact she and me and my Dad climbed the Chimneys (just across the border in Tennessee) in September. Whooo! Those last few feet are STEEP. I'm glad you're going to try your hand at storywriting. I always like to see artists (especially the up-and-coming ones) use their talent. I keep telling myself I'm going to write moroe music, but right now my right wrist doesn't like that much. . . all of those little black dots, you know. Very tedious. Anyway, I enjoyed this story as always. I'll just come back and read these every once in awhile.