Reviews for Distractions
iridium chapter 4 . 12/18/2002
Very good, although I liked the first and third ones the best. It was nice to imagine the moonlight sonata playing while I read "My Humble Home". It brought back memories from when I've walked out of the house frustrated. Except your poem ended on a more positive note than any of my escapades did. Ack, I digress. Anyway. I also enjoyed "Missing Crimson" because again, I could empathize with the character. I think that's what I like about your poetry- the real-ness of the narrator/main character. Please keep writing, I've put you on my favorite author list and expect to see more from you soon!
chickadee chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
referring to "my humble home": wow. you manage to express yourself smoothly, understandably, and artistically in iambic tetrameter, of all things. this paints a picture both gorgeous and sad. it must have taken you ages to write!

ps- you're not the only one who prefers pen and paper. :}
aintawoman chapter 4 . 10/28/2002
raven, the symbolism. oy.

you must breath in iambic tetramater!

please do post some more poetry!
aintawoman chapter 3 . 10/28/2002
loneliness leads to anger and then desire and then the two intertwined until they are one in the same.

broken pieces, proken pieces.

crimson, red skirt.

great
aintawoman chapter 2 . 10/28/2002
fire. moth.

nice use of teh metaphors, flow smoothly into one another. good poem.
aintawoman chapter 1 . 10/28/2002
iambic tetrameter! marvelous!

wow. i definately do not have the discipline to meddle in meter or in rhyme scheme. bravo.

i love rain. the climax and being lost and alone in the rain! a wonderful moment and feeling- one of my favorites.
Rose of Dresden chapter 4 . 10/20/2002
like poe! poe and irving, you know, that upstate-new-york-autumn feel.

i love autumn.

this is a brillant poem. please write more poetry. please
Rose of Dresden chapter 3 . 10/20/2002
this-

h'mm...a solider in the crimea, badly wounded maybe. that's what i see, some opium-hooked english baronet in the crimea who lost a leg in the war (light brigade!), and afraid to return to london-

sorry. that's what i saw from this poem. it's endlessly wonderful
Rose of Dresden chapter 2 . 10/20/2002
again, i love how you rhyme-

this is painful, but so bitterly wonderful, that the pain is part of the wonder, and beauty about this piece
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
ach! these are brillant!

i love the 'dueling knights' image, the rhyme scheme you used (discrete rhyme is the best, this is wonderfully done), and i love the end, about belonging, and returning.

it reminds me of late autumn. this is really well done.