Reviews for Perfectionist
sdalfkdjaslfkjdfasf chapter 1 . 5/8/2004
OMG! I love this poem. It's simple, yet deep. I just have to save it.. so I can read it over and over again! *grins* Thank you for reviewing my poem. I look forward to reading your other poems if they're as good as this one.
LonelyPhoenixFireDemon
short.essay chapter 1 . 5/29/2003
LOL - no man is like that. There's a quote, and it's like, "You cannot find all virtues in one man. You have to have three." Keep writing!
valpincon chapter 1 . 2/12/2003
this is very very good! so clever and cynical and well done! i can't even think of anything uselful to say, its that good :P well done!
Whiro chapter 1 . 2/9/2003
I am not sure I get it, but its still good! yes that song is by Sarah Mclaughlan...lol I can see where a poem might come from listening to it too much! Good stuff! Bravo!

Whiro
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 11/30/2002
I always knew I made me up. I'm just too strange to be real. (grin) Another wonderful, thought provoking poem. I love your ability to take such a simple idea and through your imagery take it and transform it into something deeper. Maybe someday we'll have the ability to see things as they are, and not just what we think. Here's hoping, anyway.
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 10/26/2002
YAY! *claps her hands* I love Dr. Phil! hehe! This is a great poem MJ! It reminds me of an essay/paragraph/nonesense thingy I had to write in English about perfection, of course it wasn't quite as fun as poetry but hey, it was about perfectionists. And I would like to say I am not a perfectionist, I just like things done my way... -.-" Ahem, moving on... I love those angsty nights, they bring out the best in me, or the worst... or the oddest but who's keeping track, eh? I really like this poem, it flows wonderfully and the rhyming is wonderful. I think I'll forgive you for dropping the D Bomb (damned), sometimes there just no better word to describe. And the pun worked great by the way . Well, I'm starting to ramble so I'll stop now. Great job MJ!

Arrivederci!

-Terra Tigra-
Carter Tachikawa chapter 1 . 10/24/2002
Really cool and truthful, down to earth and everything. I liked
Kormation chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
The imagery in this poem was great. Especially 'whose soul is like the sun', 'golden shards' and phrases such as 'invinvible', 'holy grail' and 'shattered'. Seems very idealistic (which gives it a great atmosphere), and darn, wouldn't we all want to be him?

His reality is a perfect lie

on he'll never confess

for he knows that I won't accept

anything less

Than perfection.'

That line in itself was beautiful. (It'd be great to music). A job well done.
Rini chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
I adore this poem. Simply beautiful I must say. And thank you also for the wonderful reviews you've given, and to remark to one, you were not too far off with the meaning of "Silver". Please keep on writing
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 10/19/2002
Nice imagery and description in the first stanza. The first few lines made me laugh, because they're a bit unexpected. Seems like to be your guy, he has to be pretend a bit and act up, so he is not alone.

2nd stanza is beautiful. And confirms the idea that he has to pretend perfection, which is something he hasn't got, so he can be with you.

But then, maybe he is perfect, because it's all perception anyway.