Reviews for I Believe In A Different Way
Roisin chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
All priests aren't molesting children and all jews and killing palestines, and all islamics aren't flying planes into buildings. This poem should be called 'i belive in stereotyping'. Very,very immature.
Fina chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
This my friend is a fool. I do not care if you don't agree with the Catholic Church. I don't care if people tell me I worship Mary and am going to Hell. I can deal with that because I love God and believe in My religion Catholicism. But I cannot stand for you saying "I believe the Pope is gay". How in God's name can you say that about someone? How can you say that about a person who is suffering and still does what they believe in, it doesn't matter if it's your belief or not. It was immature. You need to understand for others to respect you, you must first respect others.
Savak chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
::hugs::

Thank you for reaffirming the knowledge that not all who believe in God are brain-washed fanatics. I love your poem.
catlover55 at ff.net chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
I know what you mean. My family has different religions from person to person. I never went to church. Children used to pick on me in elementary school. *gasp* "you don't go to church? You're going to hell then"

cya,

catlover55
rona chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
i thought your peom was very immature, especially the line "I beleive the Pope is gay." where did that come from? and what you don't understand is that everyone on earth is here to stirve for perfection, but that perfection is not an attainable goal. humans are imperfect, and they make up religions; that's why there is no perfect religion. w/e write what you want
noangel chapter 1 . 12/27/2002
youre right!

i also believe in a god!but not the catholic god. i believe in a father-like god. a god that makes no different if youre black or white,man or woman,...
lighted eagle chapter 1 . 11/14/2002
i believe in a different way to, i think everyone does...while the world is more tolerate it is, at the same time more critical and less understanding...but hey wat can you do? this poem shows and conveys feelings really well...and anyway...while i haven't read the bible i thought god having already destroying the world 3 (?) times (fire, water and something else, i think) sad he wouldn't do it again, humans would do it themselves...so according to the bible humans will/are screwing up the world...?

ps: i'm changing my name to falcon flying free if it's not taken...
Glowing Embers chapter 1 . 10/28/2002
Damn right. couldn't have said it better. & at least you know what you do and don't believe in though...thats alot farther than most have gotton
calsita chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
I'm not catholic, but I know what you mean. i believe in God, and even though I'm not quite sure how and what i believe, I believe in God. I can see why your parents are amd but one day we'll be adults and can scream 'Screw You!' and chose who we are and what we believe and what the hell we're gonna be called.
wryknowlicious chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
I can relate to how you are feeling, I too see alot of hypocrisy in the worlds religions . So I have read the Bible and have tried to find sources on the bible that don't contradict its words, so that I can study it better. I also dont beleive in a worldwide peace being brought about by imperfect humans. I can completly understand your point of view.
Toad-Frog chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe everyone will get whats coming to them on judgement day! There are a lot of things I agree on that you don't. But everyone has their own beliefs no matter what it is. You poem is very deep!
Lisa Robinson chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
Excellent. Purely Excellent. I believe in almsot everything you have said. Excellent.