Reviews for The Gravedigger's Daughter
hopeless83 chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
Yay! I've been waiting for an update and it has finally come! I would think Markus as annoying to and I wouldn't let him call me sweetheart or kiss me either! I can't wait to read it when you update again. I also agree with you on the Author's Note you said about Emira's background.
letylyf chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
Whew - that was beautiful. Avery's reflections on Alex and her parents still break my heart, but this chapter was fun to read! Between the ditzy French girls warning her off, the artwork, the bet on her and Markus, her grudging, involuntary acceptance that not all members of his family are immoral a-holes.. yep, I really loved this chapter.

I always get goosebumps when I see the author alert for you in my inbox.. thank you a lot, for sharing this story. I can't wait for more.
tickle-me-pretty15 chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
This was so good. I like Markus so much. He has such i kind soul.I like that Avery is slowly healing it breaks my heart to know that she hurting so much.I can't wait to your next chapter. This one was really great.

tickles!
ddz008 chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
Great chapter!I'm glad that Avery is progressing, Markus is really a nice guy and it's good that she is beginning to see it (or like it?)The new characters were really funny,I liked Brent is happy that Avery is there to visit him, that's great XD and now I really want to read the next chapter!Keep writing, please!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Carter Tachikawa-not logged in chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
As you can guess, I'm thrilled to see another chapter to your story (and a long one at that). I'm glad to see Avery and Markus' relationship strengthening a bit. Now I'm curious as to what Tom the asspumpkin/asspimple/asswhatever will do next. Glad to see Brent wasn't hurt though. Great stuff as always. I look forward to more.

CT
inconsequential me chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
well, bah. freaking awesome chapter. and i don't throw around the term "freaking awesome" very often, so...yeah... impressive chapter, to say the least.

I love Emaleth and Alice. Seriously. Awesome characters. and this Marigold Mountan. Hahahah, seriously, that's quite th ename. and quite the personality to go along with it...but...interesting times, i'm sure.

ok, so i love markus. sometimes he lays it on REALLY thick and it's a bit unnerving, but it isn't too unrealistic or anything. just a bit extreme. still love him to death. ugh. seriously. it kills.

so, yes, kudos! incredible chapter. so glad you managed an update! love this story more than you'd imagine-it's one of my all time favorites, that's for sure... so... hope you can get another chapter out soon! but i'll wait patiently if i must. :)
idesel chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
I really like your writing style. It's unique as is the story line. This chapter was awesome, at one point I almost felt like crying at others I'm grinning like I'm the lovesick Markus. Hurry up and update! This is good stuff!
Disoriented Waste chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
Okay.. A couple things.. Oh dear kisses, Your on a roll.. Uhm with Emira, your little authors note. I understand completely. It's actually pretty normal to basically have incest in places like India, they're married off to their cousins. Especially after the Tsunami. Also did you know around Pakistan has the highest number sex changes?.. M hm.

I love Emaleth, she's so.. ah I can't explain lol. I can't really tell if things are happening to quickly because well I suppose they've had bonding time..

I think Brent is having some kind of sexual affairs with Tom... some kind of sadistic machoistic sex thing? ... Not sure but it sounds like it for some reason.. I thinkt he development is going along really well... Also that we may need to go to Markus's house once she's mentally and emotionally preped.

You updated SO quickly! Yeah
Erin Maureen chapter 10 . 8/14/2005
what an amazing chapter! it was absolutly amazing i loved it! i was so glad to see you updated soon! hopefully you do so again!
Erin Maureen chapter 9 . 8/14/2005
this story is absoluetly amazing! i love it, i've cried practically every chapter! its so sad, but its so well writen it's amazing erally. i realy just want to beat up tom, i dislike him very much! lol, anyway you must update soon! plz pretty plz with cherries ontop, you must update!
Madcow13 chapter 9 . 8/13/2005
Again, the raw emotion is moving. Grief doesn't go away in a second but gradually it should move on... I think you've done a great job in potraying this and but I do think we should see some small development soon... It should be subtle and gradual and I think her talk with Emira should be a big part in it...

In reality, she's lost her whole family, hasn't she? Because now her Mum and Dad are in the same state: but seemingly even worse as they don't seem to want to pull together and they aren't expecting her as family anymore as she is to them... Anyway, I love it so far. Update ASAP.
Madcow13 chapter 6 . 8/13/2005
I love the raw emotion poured into this story. Sometimes she thinks things that are so drastic that you it shocks you... but people do think like that and it doesn't mean she will actually do. I loved the reading of the book... It was so touching.

"Me either." - It's in soemwhere when she's talking to Brent and it should be "Me neither."
Hell's first Icicle chapter 9 . 8/11/2005
ur story made me cry so many times but i don't want to stop reading, even tho i usually hate sad stories...apart fom Gone With the Wind. S if Brent hates Tom so much, y dus he let Tom use him? poor Brent (
Pigment of Your Imagination chapter 9 . 8/7/2005
Wow, it's really deep...in fact so deep that it makes me dizzy sometimes. ;p I think that Avery's emotions are very realistic & I'm glad you put Emira in the story! :)

-gasp- Avery & Markus didn't get into a fight? Oh dear! :P Maybe we'll be seeing more soon! :D
Emmy chapter 9 . 8/5/2005
Reality sure has a fucking twisted sence of humour doesn't it?

We hold the dead closer than the living...

All the angst and false sympathy tearing us apart

what a beautiful tragedy