Reviews for The Gravedigger's Daughter
Gilly Bean2 chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Ah, I just stumbled across this story again and added it to my favorites. I'm not sure if you even check your reviews anymore, but I just want you to know that I think this story is beautiful. Avery is drowning in her grief, and I can understand drowning in negative emotions. I went through some...bad stuff, when I was little, and it took me years and years to get over it. Sometimes, it just seems so much easier to just let the emotions take over, to quit trying to push them away and let them swallow you whole. To me, Avery is very realistic and her struggles are all too familiar. This prologue literally pulls at my heart, because I can clearly picture Avery at her little brother's grave, unable to forgive herself for something beyond her control, and desperate for her parents to just *look* at her with something more than a blank stare or accusations.

One of the most powerful scenes in the story, to me, is when you have Avery read Harry Potter to Alex's grave stone. The image it creates is heartbreaking. Anyway, this story makes me thankful that all of my half-siblings are healthy and happy, even if they are hyperactive little imps that are at least 19 years younger than me. So. Once again, I adore this story, and would love to see how it will end up. Perhaps that is wishful thinking, though.

Cheers,

Gillian
somehow really annoyed chapter 6 . 8/13/2008
your writing is really really good, the quality and wording,

but... i dunno...

i'm getting pretty annoyed at your story. well, more like sobstory. it's like you processed every tragic stereotype you've ever read into recycled gunk and dumped it all onto the heroine.

though it's good enough to keep me reading. heh. well, it's not like it matters. i doubt you go on fictionpress anymore.
JusticeWriter chapter 10 . 5/22/2008
Dude, you suck! Please finish this stor. Pretty please...with cherries on top? :)
SapphireEyes16 chapter 1 . 5/12/2008
please update soon, i luv this story!
ditto's cadence chapter 10 . 4/25/2008
I've gotta say, I LOVE your stories & have been a fan for a long while. One question: do you ever intend on continuing your stuff, or are you on permanent hiatus? Just a curious inquire from a long-time reader!

ditto
d0lli chapter 10 . 4/5/2008
All your writing is so wonderful. This must be really difficult to write, I think you've captured it beautifully, though I thankfully can't speak from personal experience. Touching and eloquent, but still real and not over the top.

Yeah, I gush, sorry! Hope to see this updated sometime, it's a really lovely piece of writing.
Wilt chapter 10 . 3/30/2008
This is so much different from a lot of stories on FictionPress, which is awesome!

You have talent:]

*puts on alert lists*
Simple Thoughts chapter 10 . 3/8/2008
This is a wonderful story. Please update soon!
AnotherDreamer chapter 10 . 1/3/2008
You must write more soon!
ladydragon93 chapter 10 . 11/22/2007
its been a while since you've written anything, i hope you write more soon, i really do like this story.
ladydragon93 chapter 8 . 11/22/2007
Great story.
Layla the fiend chapter 8 . 11/21/2007
Brent and Tom are fucking. I have come to this conclusion last a while ago, and half way through this chapter I am 100% certain of it. So I had to scroll down and rant.

Tom, you dirty, dirty boy. Doing dirty things to Brent.

Oh God, bad images! D D D
Layla the fiend chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
This chapter makes me cry, no matter how many times I read it. Did this happen to you? I don't mean to be rude, but I think it must have, because it's so damned accurate. I miss my brother, too, you know? I love this chapter, I really do, but it still rubs me raw.

Thank you for capturing the pain and putting it to words, I really appreciate it.
SapphireEyes16 chapter 10 . 11/4/2007
this story is so sad, but itz gettin funny and itz definetly in my faves so keep updating!
Dishonestly Yours chapter 10 . 8/22/2007
Ahh. This last chapter was cute between Avery and Markus.

Ahaha. I love Avery's name.

You're an amazing author. This story put me into sobs. I absolutely love stories that can make me cry. I haven't read one in so long. It's kinda like an emotional outlet for me.

I can't help but notice that you haven't updated in two years. You're way past over due. You should definately grace us with another chapter. (:
527 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »