Reviews for The English Theory
MelodyReiterLee chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
I totally understand what you mean. There are kids in my school that speak "some other language" because they want to amaze teachers, but they sound so fake sometimes... Great job writing this. I think you have a great point. Write more! By the way, thanks for reviewing.
Eika chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
LOL! I like that honor roll thing... and it also may explain why many people can't understand me in school. I'm only in 7th! LOL! The honor roll thing... I'm excellent at english but stink at spanish class (my mom used to speak spanish, but forgot it all... big help!) I hope you do other theories soon, too... heeheehee. I'm always an honor kid (2 teacher/parents, wht'll u expect?)
Little Jimmy chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
Oh sweet Jesus, you're right! It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks this way. You are so right!
BlAcKMaGiK chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Interesting, I've wondered quite often in class about this but if this is really so, then I better stop sleeping in English. It was kinda funny and some parts seemed very true.
DiamondTopaz chapter 1 . 12/7/2002
Oh, Jesus-tap-dancing-Christ. (Quote: Mr. Garrison, South Park)

I thought I was the only one in the world who felt that way! You're so damn right! High School is so trivial. All you really need to know (how to spell, how to add and subtract) is learned in grade school! Do you ever use the dates of the civil war, or those big words to get a good job? I think not. Do you mind if I print this and "accidently" let it slip on my teacher's desk?

I can relate too, because my brother took a fake IQ test a while back, which told him he was a genius, so now he's all holier-than-thou, using all these fancy terms around me simply to prove that he's smarter than I am! GRR!

Another thing I want to add. Did you know English is the only language that has so many synonyms? In Spanish, "big" is "grande." That's all! Because they don't really NEED synonyms! (Huff.) okay.

Thank you for reviewing "Vengeful Seduction," very much. I was wondering when someone would ask me about Zelda's role in the whole thing. Well, I haven't decided yet. But don't worry; I won't bash her. I don't have anything against Zelda or LxZ at all.
Thetis chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
lets start of with a few quotes (not from your theory) "Oh my gosh, you are so completely right" and "oh, yuck. I can completely relate..." I'm going to stop mocking now and get to the point, BULLSHIT! Not your theory, the response, are u right because u expressed an opinion? Can they really relate to wat came out as a joke? Doubtful, call me cynical but we don't need to know if ppl can relate or not, we don't need to know if your sooo completely right! I for one liked your piece, your theory was interesting and at times comical, but i don't know if ur right or not. You're not considering the possibility that using long words is the preffered options to down town slang. I'm from london so the same slang doesn't apply here, but the concept still does. During the 1930's ppl were denounced for not pronouncing their aitches, like saying 'at instead of hat. Did it ever occur to you that some ppl just don't want to speak like that? That perhaps they don't want to be frequently asked, "what? say that again i didn't quite get you?" Here there's a cockney word, or words, for telephone, "the dog and bone".

Ne wayz i've made my point, i've read your other two pieces but i couldn't be arsed to leave a review for them, you're writing is certainly full of talent and i look forward to reading more. Although "pokemon" wasn't really wat i had in mind _~
Angie Morse chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
Oh my gosh, you are so completely right! I happen to live in one of those societys who always uses those words. I hate it... Btw, love the SAT translation. That's so true. Great work! Ang
Allyx chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
Oh, yuck. I can completely relate to using frivolously large or understated words while speaking. Blech. I just did it again. _ I read and write a lot more than I actually talk to people, and so I'm in the habit of assuming everyone knows what 'my silly little talking'(it's how my family has come to refer to it.. and even now I'm retching at the improper use of the word 'talking') means. It does tend to make people back away. _o *sniffle*
Fallen Rose chapter 1 . 10/28/2002
Hey, thanks for reviewing mine. I think your theory is very true. I come from the middle class, but where you live also effects how people see you. I live in Alabama so I am automatically assumed as being a idiotic redneck. And also, it's very true about what you said about English being different from the classes you have to memorize. In English, you have to be able to express you have to get it and apply what you know to writing. And it's also true that you are looked at as a nerd. I know. Anyways, good theory and I liked it. ~*~Fallen Rose~*~