Reviews for Of Changing History
Technopeasant chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
A well written story with an interesting execution, but as other people noted it is not exactly accurate. One note that people did not touch on though is that Lenin never was a peasant, he was part of the Russian middle class; a peti-bourgeois in Marxist lexicon, similar to Fidel Castro in Cuba. The only thing I think is strictly accurate is how Lenin was radicalised by the execution of his brother. Still, it does not matter, as this piece works so well artistically. A very good capturing of class, ideals, conflict, revolution and all the emotions these stir. My great grandfather is actually reputed to have met Lenin by the way, as I document in the first part of my Ranch Narratives. Yeah, I know that is an ad, but I just hope that it is convenient if there are anyone else interested in works mentioning Lenin.
TatianOlishka chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
This is a very incredible story, almost believable. Good formatting and style. You cannot improve perfection, which is what this tale is. Perfection. :)
Faer chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
I thought this was an interesting piece. I was looking on the site for works about communism for my own personal reasons which are far tpo long and boring to go into.

There were a few problems that i found difficult to accept. For a start you had your timeline of historical events a little out. She couldn't have been a nurse in the war, the war hadn't finished so she would still have been a nurse. You wrote in the pass so i assumed that you meant that it had ended.

My main scruples were that the history was incorrect and it seemed to document very little fact. More speculation and opinion.

However i agree with a previous reviewer. Your use of symbolism at the conclusion of the story is remarkable. And well done for using a Russian name.

Faer
Aroha feels like not signing in chapter 1 . 12/19/2002
Oh... oh my... this is... exquisite. I love the symbolism. Interesting realionship they got there... I wouldn't call it a romance, exactly. Maybe soemthing I'm to shallow to see.

I ran into this story completely by mistake. I was looking around in the historical section for a project, and then I saw this. Oi! I'm glad I read it. You have quite a talent, my dear.

Keep it up. I won't beg for more chapters (it seems like it stands alone quite well) but I will meekly request it. I'd also add it to favorites, but I'm not logged in, and...

Aroha!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
not historically correct but who cares it just fanfiction update please
Cassandra Jasmine Smoke chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
Very, good, well written peice of historical fiction. Nice, easy to read, i apreciate your use of the Russian, un-americanized names. Can't wait for you next chapter
Jelena chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
Intresting romance . I really really like it well write and original idea!