Reviews for Hero
Lord Vivian Darling chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Gosh. Really powerful, expressive work. Haunting imagery.
daughteroftherain chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
AMAZING.

thats all i have to say.
OneSilverWing chapter 1 . 1/2/2009
Holy freaking crap that was great! At first the layout of the words kinda threw me, until I read it aloud, then everything flowed perfectly.
S.J.Jones chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Another amazing poem! It reminded me a lot of Harry Potter, and what his character is becomming.
translucence chapter 1 . 9/15/2003
The rhythm was perfect, the metaphors were beautiful, the descriptions were unbelievable, and the idea was amazing. I don't know any higher compliments to give than that...
Silverfire Starr chapter 1 . 7/19/2003
Great rhyming!

Good job, as usual,

keep writing!

s.s.
darksiren1 chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
ahm *on knees bowing to you...you holy poet goddess...(or god i havent read your profile thingy yet)* this is one of the best poems i h ave read in a long time on here. you have made my day. i am normally all for war ya know...cleanse the gene pool. but i dunno. this poem made me look twice...which is rare i am rather pig headed *blush* i am off to read the rest of your im sure lovely poems:D
Tethys-Orion chapter 1 . 1/10/2003
This is awesome! I love the rhythm and meter of it. It could be a song for the acoustic guitar. the short lines are good, so is the march of it. It's lovely.
til-iburnout aka Amanda Helton chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
WOW! Your poems are all very good more so than that they flow over the border of wonderful.

My favorite part in this one is:

Would you run

if you knew you

weren't playing. . .

would you 'lead'

your friends to die?

This has truth in it. Make believe games of herosim but when faced with reality would they do the same. I love this poem.
Aathiya Lia chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
Hey this is a wonderful piece. Makes one refelct on all the instances, past and present, where ideals - so handsome on paper - become horror when executed. Write on! :)
waterlilypad chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
I am wowed, and I am not frequently wowed. This is going into my favorites.

What I have to comment on is that though this piece was lengthy (and the format helps amplify this) and yet it didn't wane in the middle or the end as some lengthy pieces tend to do. Very effective and careful use of cliche.

Favorite lines: "if you knew I/was your shadow,/if you knew /the cost of /light?"
California Mountain girl chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
Wow. That's ALL i can say. This is great. And it's so true too, keep writing. Wow.