Reviews for ambitious circle in four
Aviendha19 chapter 1 . 11/7/2002
marlene-

i really like this poem. it seems to me a grand image, a beautiful big century, rather than a story. or maybe im not understanding it. but it is like a painting which, not moving forward or back wards, not speaking really, or voicing any complaint, like a painting that sits upon the wall in a dark hall somewhere, and catches the eye. its beautiful

swirls, colors, snippets of conversation like texture and layers, a royal fabric, really
Kievsky chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
Hmm, interesting. I'll try not to slip into full literary-analysis mode this time, but I can still offer a few comments.

i. I've been reading and re-reading this one and simply can't find a solid connection between the images. It seems surreal to me, like a series of sweeping camera angles, disjointed.

ii. Favorite one. I love how you portray academia.

iii. You have more abstract imagery in this one than the others, I think. It took two readings before realizing the chemistry involved (yeah, pathetic, I know). You use academia/intelligentsia quite often in your poetry; are you planning to join their ranks one day?

iv. Short, relevant, and a good ending to sum up the other three. I honestly can't understand how you can come up with such inspired poems so quickly.