Reviews for Every Now and Then
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 3/21/2003
You're right about this being both romantic and non. It could be taken as a relationship going bad, or someone dying and going away forever. Good job. Thanks for the review!
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
This poem is nice in the way that it can be taken in an ex-relationship sense or like a death. I think you meant it talking to someone who died, but it works as a love poem too. There's a lot of emotion in this poem and it's very beautiful. You could make a lot of money if you wrote music to lyrics like this!

In response to your review of "The Shadow", I feel the same way about Weaver: I had so much planned for that story! But my muse has left it and I just have to move on.

Slow plots are okay when the story is long; I thought the story was going to be short. But you need to be more accepting of criticism, too. If all people ever gave you was flowery compliments, how would you ever get better? People give you a little bit of criticism to help you improve. In my reviews, I always try to put my little bit in. However, if that annoys you and you want me to stop reviewing your work, that's fine. Apparently you don't think I'm old enough to read your stuff anyway, despite the fact that PG-13 means that it is meant for anyone 13 and over.
Naja Copperleaf chapter 1 . 1/28/2003
I really liked this ;). Thanks for your review, it means alot when an author I respect gives me a review ;)!
Furry Elf chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
wow. sorry but I can't think of any words to discribe this dude. dang... wow... this is good. and if ya really look at it, i don't really see "romantic" in it... more "abandoment" or left behind or something... ack... 3 in the morning is NOT the time to be trying to find good words to discribe good stuff...
Sparkles-Chan chapter 1 . 12/23/2002
Good job on this one. You write great songs. .
Deana Bell chapter 1 . 12/14/2002
This is really really really really good!

-Jesus Saves-
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 12/12/2002
great song! i've never really felt this way in my life, but the way you wrote about it, i can feel it. good job! keep writing!
HawkHearted chapter 1 . 12/3/2002
Cool song! Sounds romantic, and kinda sad. Well, I likes it, so write more like it! ;)
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 11/30/2002
Nice flow, rhythm and rhymes.

Very real and lifelike. Even in the first 4 lines, it's very deep, strong and clever with images and feelings.

'and I wonder why'- you can never forget something that meant so much.

'Maybe I'm too blind to see' is a nice line, sidenoting how you can't always see what's there, or maybe you're just facing the wrong way. (which, if you took it even further, maybe you're looking at the past while (s)he's in the future or vice versa)

Lots of little touches and details add to the realism and emotions. Sweet, sad, soulful- very nice.

Great song- runs through lots of different emotions, with a stunning, teary end.
Ponderer chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Wow, this was really good! Write more!
Tom Bombadil Groupie chapter 1 . 11/24/2002
This is so good! I like how you could apply this to almost any situation. Keep writing!
CaitSpain chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Hm...I'm not sure what you're getting at in this. Like...there isn't a "tangible" subject, if you get what I mean. (Maybe clear is a better word.)

It also seems a little bit too long. I think some of it can be cut. It's well written (as far as I can tell in my tiredness, no rhythmic errors). So, I'll leave it at that. Keep writing!

Oh, and thanks for reviewing some of my stuff. :)
Schizophrenic Doll chapter 1 . 11/10/2002
this was good. i can see it from both the romantic and non romantic point of view... romantic pov's...that's where my mind has been lately lol anyways, this was really good keep it up!
Val Mora chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
Get on the phone right now and send those lyrics off to a band whose style you like! (j/k) But seriously, those are better than A LOT of the pop songs written these days, and regular people can understand and relate to what YOU write. It's really good!
Jade6 chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
O_O ~ Checks to make sure again... O_O ~ Wow, I can't believe you reviewed all my stuff... Speachless... thanks.

Onto the important thing now - your song! I loved in the lines:

Sometimes, I hit a moment of truth

Pick up the pieces that are lying around

You mentioned truth and then on the next line you built that contast of lying into it. Great playing with words. I don't know why but those lines stood out to me because of that.

I have had two pieces published and I have removed most of my poety from to try and get more published. One was in a book called "Canada's Young Poets" and the other was in a magazine called "First Fruits"... at the moment I am in the process of sending in 6 poems to a magazine called "ARC" (they have a webpage) but if you want to get your stuff published try buying a book called "Writer's Market 2002" they can tell you everywhere you can send your stuff. You should be able to find it at a chapters of indigo or someplace like that. I hope that helps and answers all your questions and best of luck in your attempts.

OK, if you have not noticed I like to talk so I'll move on now and check out some more of your work!

Jade