Reviews for The Stepsister
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/22/2003
Hehe, this one is amusing. You can make lots of interesting things from the ones in your locker. I can't really give any kind of productive review, sorry.
miss meaningeverythingtome chapter 1 . 12/14/2002
i like screwed up. heh. me encanta mucho. it's pretty... original... tentacled pumpkin. *giggles*

(why strive to keep masses happy)
Impressionist chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
mmm...toast. and...poetry. it works! yum.
A.J.Peart chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Well, I've been in a shell for a while but I've come out for a while (I got a cramp in my spine), and it has sure been a while. I haven't had a chance to rant sparatically about wondrous things or bend the meaning of poetry to the extreme for a looong time. Being deprived of the internet for two and a half months is terribly tedious! But, if you haven't given up on my dribble by now, I think I'll take a few stabs at a few of your poems I haven't seen before.

If I do say so myself, I think I picked a dandy of a poem to start with. I'm afraid I'm really going to have to wrack my brain for this one. I like them magnetic poetry things though. A friend has them on her fridge and every time I'm over there I tend to write something rather bizarre, since it's hard not to.

I see two images here: the pumpkin and the girl in the attic. So I suppose I'll just rant and rave about them seperately, focussing on the particular parts of the poem that apply...all those technical words just to say, "I'm gonna start wit da puhmkeen, a-heuck!"

Da Puhmmkeen:

I rather like your pumpkin. I wouldn't want to eat it, not that I eat many pumpkins (none at all, actually), but I like the picture you've painted. I figure it's not ripe yet, you know, kinda too young to have lived it's life or something like that. I would rant more about giraffes and the such, maybe throw in a refference to Elektra or Agamemmnon to boot, but I think I'll spare you the indecency of having to read anything that has entirely nothing to do with anything useful; kind of like this sentance.

The Girl in the Attic:

The attic itself is a place to store things, things that you don't want cluttering up your space, like all your extra copies of Electra and Agamemmnon. Casseroles and toast kind of remind me of my boysenberry bushes, since they're trivial things. There's no reason to store them in an attic, not to mention the whole biodegredation thing. In fact, "blossoming" tells me that these things are growing mould (yay mould!).

All in all, I view this part to be about the embarkation into the next part of life, the next portion of the journey where you go into this world of pointless things that seem to sort of attack from all directions, again my boysenberry bushes arrise...creepy! It's kind of like the world is a big mess of "stored" problems that can never be cleaned up.

Therefore, to rap this all up, and I hope I'm not just blowing smoke, or spouting obscenities here, but the pumpkin in ripening, theoretically, while the "sister" has just "ripened" and did so "magnificently" only to wind up in the attic (the world) which is a huge, uncleanable mess.

Look, I summed everything up into one tight little package. I suppose I should do that more often.

Anyway, it's a short poem so I'll let this be a short "review."

I'll have a look at some of your others and see if I can manage to pull something out of my...head...mind...chaotic impression of a mental patern...something like that (they're twitching, I say! Twitching! There's nothing shifty about them)

So, it's quite good, especially comming off of those magnetic poetry thing-a-ma-jiggers. If I must confine it within a limit of exclaimation points, which seems impossible to do now after all the exclaimations that came prior to it, I've decided to neglect the point. It's not good enough anymore! (damn it!) {And again!} (ugh...) So instead, I introduce, the brand spanking new TILDA RATING SYSTEM!

That should be sufficient for now; I'll see if I can find more later and tack them on.

Anyway...is it just me or was all that rather pathetic? I don't know. Oh well.

Auf weidersehn
mooo chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
pretty!
peachykeen chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
Tres bien my friend! Is it just me, or is it an allusion to Cinderella? I'm very impressed by your magnetic-poetry skills.
Sylvijove chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Hehehe I read this on your blog. This is a very...

Interesting poem _
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
I REMEMBER THIS! And you remember the exact words? Wow.

I still love it. It's so hilarious. It's semi-serious until the last line, and all of a sudden, "casseroles and toast." Whaaa? What kind of person are we worshipping... Is it a double 'p' or a single 'p'? I wonder how molded those casseroles and toasts are now...

"Is there an 'into' on that side?" "Yep!"
Guest chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Of course, Emerald, this is just so very random. Also, i'd like to say that there isn't any message behind this. It's just like "What randomness can I put into a poem at one time." Granted you did this with the magnet thingies, but still, it should have a point...
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
A tentacled pumpkin, eh? *grin*

Silent/like my homely sister/who falls magnificently, tragically/into the ancient blossoming attic - very pretty.

Poor Cinders. *sniffle* The attic must get really nasty, all covered in casseroles and toast.

Very happy to see more poetry from you! *the masses are satisfied, for now at least*

P.S. I like the magnetic poetry myself; I'm dying to buy a set, but they're so expensive...o_O
Wrong Name Tag chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
It's interesting... I suggest using 'and' instead of '&' but it's still nice. Good descriptiong

-Jessie