Reviews for Black & White
Electra Fairford chapter 1 . 8/9/2003
I read this a while ago and was moved, and don't know why I didn't review then. A really good story - not exactly realistic in favor of hyperbole - a chilling warning of the miasma of superficiality that corporations can become. I like the somewhat blatant hint that Hightower was complicit in his son's death, even planned it. The girl's speech is perfect. I think that it might be more sinister if Hightower were called by some other title than simply "CEO" - the more descriptive "monopolist," maybe "venture capitalist" or something of the sort come to mind.
Aly chapter 1 . 6/12/2003
so i enjoyed this. a lot. and i found the 'or some shit like that' line that was used twice in reference to the same thing very clever and unifying. it made me grin even :)
ValaneyValaun chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
Beautiful. The characters, especially, were brilliantly executed. It serves as a poingant reminder of the two-facedness and opportunism(is it a word? who knows) that people can have. Thank-you.
The Lady Artemis chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
You have me in tears. How is it that you can take one through the whole range of emotions? Some of your stories are fall out of seat funny, and some just mach you take a step back and say 'Whoa'.

Again, I say amazing. Just, amazing.
Rai Kamishiro chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
Thanks to you, I have goosebumps on my arms now. they most likely won't go away for a while.

when you read a great piece of writing, writing that seems to reach down inside you and pull at your gut, you cannot move for fear you would lose the momentum. I didn't blink an eye while reading this.
Anumati chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
Beautiful, powerful, radiant.

The way you refered to the people as puppets was very clever; the image worked beautifully. God, what insensitive assholes. You did well, because you could make me really dislike them in two-and-a-half thousand words.

The way the girl says that she's Nathan's favorite color and so forth is a little cornball, but I can understand it. People are nut bags when they're in love.

On the side, why is it called "Black and White"? I can think of several reasons, but I'm probably not right.

Overall, a lovely little story.

-The Feather Walker (BTW, thanks for looking at Rogue! Your review was wonderful and greatly appriciated.)
sachienne chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
That's more than decent. The way the girl speaks out is perfect...
Whisper to the Water chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
Totally surreal. I love it. Call me slow, or imperceptive, but I don't know what you were trying to represent with the marionettes and the puppetmaster. Still, a beautiful work of immense power.