Reviews for Light of the Darkness
Bohemian Storm chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Aww, that's so sad. Poor guy. That's horrible. You defintely capture the grief he must be feeling after losing her like that. Great job, as always.
xurbandecayx chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
...Wow. I literally got the shivers when I read this! Usually angst isn't written well, it's unrealistic, or the angst is just layered on to thick, but, Norah, you've managed to get the perfect amount and manage to keep the angst of real life in this piece; like Vanessa, the place where she died, and the partygoer's reactions... She did not die in a place of beauty, or in a perfect moment, she died at a part of pure mistake caused by somebody's stupidity.

"The remnant partygoers were pale, disbelief staining their faces. A candlelit vigil had taken place amidst the cluttered, greasy pizza boxes and empty cola bottles."

This is how people would react in reality, everybody would be shocked, and there would still be rubbish from the party left over, nobody magically cleaned it all up... I don't know how to explain this. Just understand! :) I really love it!
Mebrireth chapter 1 . 11/7/2002
Oh my goodness, you don't know how excited I was when I saw that you had put something up in the horror section. And it is so beautiful, very sad of course, but so dark and beautiful. I've decided, for you yes I know, but you have to write like a long novel, some sort of epic. No more little pieces in which to torture us with, no, go all out and torture us that way! Think of the possibilities! Anyways, just a little helpful encouragement, write what you will, but I'd kinda like to see what you would come up with.
rainstop.inc chapter 1 . 11/7/2002
is there more? this is very good. the description.