Reviews for Escaping the Abyss
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
A nice almost daydream adventure or something. I like the "million jewels of laughter" line a lot for some reason. But the whole thing is good.
Thao chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Wow. I'm sorry, I can't really write a good review (haven't written one in ages...-_-). Just wanted to say that this poem is so very touching and beautiful.
Sa-ah chapter 1 . 11/24/2003
This poem is so touching... The abyss is a horrifying place. That's where I am right now in my life.

"For now the light of purity

Flows through my very veins"

I love that line! It's just so... I dunno, but it's awesome.

I love your work, and as soon as I get the chance I'll read more of it. Excellent job!
Vivienne Cen chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
Very beautiful and touching. Thank you for your review _
Lady Ariel chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
I read this one after the um... Blue and Black one or something? Gosh, I hate my memory. The other timeless poem!

I must say, this one certainly does have a nice ring to it, almost as if it was a dream you experienced. It feels so much more as if you (as the writer) lived through this while writing it.

Great job! _

"I know that I must learn to dance

With ancient harmony

I’m spinning in a blinding trance

That’ll never set me free "

This greatly reminded me of Madeline L'Engle (I think I spelled her name wrong...), and of Many Waters especially. I really love her books, so that made me smile. _

Only one suggestion:

The rhythm seems to... be a little off.

"And tug with all my strength

And feel the light flood to my heart

And increase in length "

I know you wouldn't want to change this one, and I know you shouldn't since it shows how your writing will change, and excuse me for stating a problem that might as well mean nothing to you (especially if you are unconcerned with rhythm... it seems to be a pet peeve of mine, though, so my apologies. -;). Other than that... I love it!

It might be a bit long. It didn't really bug me that much, but other people might become aggravated and lose interest? Maybe I just think this because of my three second attention span.

But then again, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen is horribly long, yet my favorite song... oh well. xD

This review is horribly long, as well!

I love your writing... gack! Let's end at that.

xD My apologies, again. I'm quite out of it.

-Britt
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
This is great! You combine imagery with a lot of meaning and it turns out wonderful. The scary thing is, you write about a lot of the same subjects that I do . . . o_O. I love your poems - they are all really good. But have you ever tried writing stories? I think you'd be really good at short stories . . .
Aleta chapter 1 . 12/7/2002
that was really touching and very well thought out, oh, thanks for the review.
Deana Bell chapter 1 . 11/12/2002