Reviews for Rain
the twinkling of an eye chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
This is a beautiful song. I've never seen one that good on FP. It's definitely in my faves - lovely!
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
I like that perspective on rain as a renewal source. And that's so cool you wrote a song on a review! I was wondering, do you have tunes for your songs or do you just write lyrics?
Savak chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
*grin* Rain in the desert is an incredible thing to be able to witness. My family lives in Jordan, and if you drive west for an hour, things just start looking... dead. However, when I went to visit them last Easter, it started to rain when I was up on the roof, hanging laundry. It's really something else (I wasn't even pissed about having to take down all the clothes and run inside, soaked!).

This poem (or song, rather) is stunning. The whole feeling, of washing away a bitter past, starting anew, being reborn, is something that comes with the rain, and that's always why, whenever I go to the Middle East, I feel like I'm walking in something ancient and weary... or maybe I'm just feeling like that myself!

Beautiful! And the closing line spoke to me the strongest of all. You've captured something only those of us who've lived in the desert can understand.
Misty Woods chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
Very inspiring poem! I especially liked the part where you said 'the wealth of life overflowing in this dazzling scatter'. True, I agree. You're surely a very optimistic person. :) Good for you! God Bless!

P.S. Thank you a lot for your encouraging reviews on my music poems! I really appreciate your feedback! :)
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 1 . 6/13/2003
Oh...This is lovely. You've got the ryhthm in one constant fluency. That's a great job. I had to agree somehow, sometimes... I kinda miss Rain.
Shadafakup chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
I love the rain too! It cleanses and refreshes.. Man, I loved it very much.. It is beautiful.. Its a great choice of vocab and wonderful imagery.. Loved it.. Wow.. Its really nice..
snowtiger13731 chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
i like it. very rainy. luv the rainy thing. good job. keep going.
Starlight Rain chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
Isn't rain a wonderful thing? I love the rain, and I love the way you emplifyied its beauty in this piece.

(And I love knowing that there is someone out there who wouldn't look at me oddly when I see rain out the window and say, "What a beautiful day." Hehe.)

Say You'll Remember
Shattered Midnight Dreams chapter 1 . 2/8/2003
Hey! You posted it! You probably don't remember me, but I emailed you about this song when I saw it in that review you wrote for soeone else... Anyways, I wish you luck with your writing and hope your book is a big hit!
midnight dreams chapter 1 . 12/25/2002
Hey! :) You have an account! :) How are you? I love this! You're review for my poem was such an honor. I actually have a very pretty song in my reviews! :) Good thing you posted this. :) I have a few other poems up...maybe you'd like to check them out? :) Thanks.
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
Wow, that's really good! I wrote a poem on the same topic, called "The Sky's Tears" but mine was slightly more depressing. You do a really good job of making the reader feel like they are actually standing in the rain and are learning to like getting wet. Your poem seems to flow naturally and the rhymes seem accidental, too. It's really great!
dragonscurse chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
That's a fabby poem _

I always laugh at people trying to get out of the rain - they're so silly. *dances in the rain*

Thank you for reading (and reviewing) my peoms, I read all the ones of yours you told me to and I'm uber-impressed. And thank you for the online hug _

*blink* Your writing is very good... it just *feels* right and stuff. And I swear I'm going to have the lines

"In the mirror

Is an endless illusion

A crazy confusion"

Stuck in my head all day now :D
Needa S chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
Beautiful! keep writing!
Verde Denali chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
Awesome song. Great use of extended metaphor (or am I over-analyzing?)

Also, it's great to see something other than an "old-fashioned love song"
Deana Bell chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
YAY! I love the rain! Very good wording and picturing and..stuff. cool cool cool!

-Jesus Saves-