Reviews for ANUBIS
pie eater chapter 7 . 2/15/2011
I love it so far! but if you have fur you can't exactly blush.
pie eater chapter 5 . 2/15/2011
yes it's awsome!
pie eater chapter 2 . 2/15/2011
AWESOME! love it love it love it! Ilove seeing the gods as teens it is funny when they fight about siblingish things and your a great writer!
Venus chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Great story. But I did see a few flaws, all of them pointed out by the review below, although not all their statements are accurate. Like there was one point in ancient Egypt when the Egyptians actually did believe Bastet was the wife of Anubis, although it's not widely accepted. Also, Isis did raise Anubis after Nephthys abandoned him. Anyways, aside from the slight mistake in the myths, this is a nice story, and I hope you will update soon.
Killian chapter 7 . 9/1/2005
First off, I want to commend you for writing a story on such a rich subject as Egyptian mythology. The idea of retelling Anubis' story is a good one, and you've got a few points that are interesting and original, such as the friendship with Sobek and the eventual pairing with Bastet.

However, that being said, I would like to point out that besides Anubis' parents and the fact that he's Horus' half-brother, you've ignored all myths and legends up to this point, thus your story is very inaccurate.

First off, Anubis is older than Horus. Horus was not conceived until after Osiris had been embalmed by the jackal, and a golden phallus had been created (also by Anubis). Isis also knew of Anubis' existance. So did Set, more or less, and he wouldn't have cared because he has never touched his wives. That's right, Set has more than one.

Secondly, the death of Osiris was a well-planned affair, as Set wanted to make sure Osiris stayed dead. I'm sure you know about the coffin gift, because you hinted at it in the story. When this didn't work as planned, however, he was dismembered and thrown into the Nile, and Isis was the one to go out and retrieve all his pieces. Then he was embalmed, a golden phallus created (as the original was lost), revived, and Horus was concieved. Set did not sneak into any temple to fetch a ten-year-old body. If the body had been around that long, Isis would've revived him far sooner.

Anubis is also not God of the Dead. That title belongs to Osiris, after his death. Anubis is God of Embalming and oversees the passage of souls to the Beautiful West. He's also part of the soul weighing ceremony, and his pet Ammut, eats the bad souls.

Bast is one of the suspected wives of Ptah, and most likely would not be associated with Anubis, although this isn't confirmed so I can see some thinning of myth to make your pairing work. Isis also didn't think of Anubis as her son, rather leaving him to be raised by jackals instead.

Also, being represented by an animal does not mean their heads/faces are that animal. They wear masks, as they are perfect beings and would most likely not mess up their genetics. However, I will conceed that this is not a huge point and could be changed to fit your story. I just thought I'd point it out. And a question... Why are all the gods and goddess' with animal heads represented as such except Hathor? She does go by a woman with a cow's head, and not just the horns.

Finally, there is a lot of ooc behavior. Set, for instance, is far more cunning, evil, and insane than you make him out to be. He wouldn't hide behind pillars or smash things in a tantrum. He'd smash things in rage, and go on to kill something... most likely repeatedly. Isis is too friendly, and should be manipulating Ra to get more power. ekhmet should be more violent and bloodthirsty, considering she was created to destroy a city and could only be stopped by passing out. Horus should be working hard to avenge his father's death, instead of waiting for Set to attack him. Anubis' instant love for Bast is also far fetched. If you're bent on having them act as animals, then you should know that jackals mate for life. He wouldn't rush into it.

And lastly, the excessive use of titles, such as 'lord,' 'lady,' 'brother,' and 'sister,' are extremely annoying and repetitive. It would help the flow of your story if you didn't use them so much, or found other ways of addressing the gods and goddesses. And if you're going to use Anubis' Kemetic name, you should use everyone else's, too.

Good luck with your writing career, but please, read up on your myths first before combining random misinformation into a fic and claiming it closely mirrors the actual stories.
inactiveaccountz chapter 7 . 4/14/2004
Heh...Anubis and Bastet...what the odd couple! Gotta love it ;) Hope ya update soon! Wonderful so far!
inactiveaccountz chapter 6 . 4/14/2004
Meep! Still good! (Expiration date ain't passed...j/k) Onward to chapter 7!
inactiveaccountz chapter 5 . 4/14/2004
Allright! Chapter 5 finis! I'm being perfectly honest when I say this: this really helped clarify Anubis's role in retrieving Osiris's corpse (pieces, wutever). NICE! I'm pretty sure this is going on my faves...
inactiveaccountz chapter 4 . 4/14/2004
GOD, life sucks when you're the god of death! Poor, poor Anubis...okay, I'm going to chappie 5 now!
inactiveaccountz chapter 3 . 4/14/2004
I like how you've developed Anubis's character...he reminds me of Heathcliff (Wuthering Heights, not the cat) somewhat...moody, brooding...but he's got a personality of his own. Bastet is too damn cheery for her own good... "unique inspiration" heh, I like that.
inactiveaccountz chapter 2 . 4/14/2004
Heh, Anubis & Horus as teens was a great element, very funny! I still feel sorry for Anubis though...let me get to the next chapter before I start bawling...
inactiveaccountz chapter 1 . 4/14/2004
Hey! Thanks for reviewing my fricked-up story! I decided to check out some of your stuff, and when I saw the name of my favorite deity in caps I knew I had to read this! Poor wittle Anubis...oh, and about Set's face...I've always thought of it kinda as a weasle's...fits his personality, at least.
Darkinyron chapter 7 . 4/9/2004
Ever thought of continuing this story? I just love it! *sniff* Almost 2 years later...
I just love all your stories! I really hope you decide to finish this fic... It's all too enjoyable.
Loki Mischeif-Maker chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
Your first chapter: awesome. The beginning you've writtin is a good one, you've characterized the gods rather well, at least as far as someone not too aquanted with Egyptian mythology can tell.

I couldn't tell you much about errors, even if I wanted to, because I would be looking for grammar anyway. Your discription, however, is awesome.

Looking forward to reading more soon! Cheers!
Diiniam chapter 7 . 5/9/2003
Love it,please write more soon.