Reviews for Imagine
Frodo chapter 1 . 9/5/2003
This is very thought provoking and well written. God is best at playing God. We, as people, are going to make loads of mistakes, some more terrible than others, all because we thing better of ourselves over other people. Where's the love? *starts humming Black Eyed Pees song* Ok, yeah, sorry. Anyway, like I said, thought provoking. I don't know if I agree with the last part on the War on Terror, but whatever. You did a fantastic job and really know what you're saying!

-Frodo
Stormer chapter 1 . 7/5/2003
I do not believe in god, but that doesn't mean I don't sometimes want to. It would be so much easier for me to get through life knowing that there was a higher power. I just don't believe there is. I was raised atheist and it's the only thing that makes sense to me. However, I know that for some who were raised with God, God is the only thing that makes sense. There are also those who are balanced somewhere in the middle, for e.g. those who simply "don't know" what is out there, if anything. But anyway...I enjoyed reading this story and you're right; humankind on its own, trying to run the planet, is really scary. But that's why history is full of injustice. There IS no rhyme or reason to why that little child over there is stolen by a paedophile or why that young mother is murdered in her home. It sucks, but it just happens.

That's my point of view and don't think I'm trying to put words in your mouth or anyone else's - just letting you know my own thoughts on this issue. Good on you for stating yours :) I admire that!
Creative Deficit chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Thank God! When people wonder why we should believe in God, I am at a loss for words. Why shouldn't we believe in God? And finally I've found someone who shares my belief, put words to it, and PROVED IT. Thank you.
reject punk rocker chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
this is really good. ur stuff is good, makes me smile:)

thanks for reviewing me, it means alot to me. take care, god bless, xxkerryxx
AriadneEthereal chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
I think what John Lennon meant was that, without religion, without the consensus and enormous emotional reactions it produces, not only would there be less death and war, but that stupid little men, like Hitler, Bin Laden and George W Bush, would remain just that.
Grunge Muffin chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
This is really good. I've found someone else who likes to make their opinions known. And I know how you feel. It is depressing hey? Especially with Australia being caught in the middle. Our helping out America has led to us being directly under threat. "old men declare war, but it's the yound men who have to fight and die."

Maybe Mr Howard should learn to keep his trap shut, and stop being such a kiss ass. Because it's us you will suffer. We are still young, and we will end up paying for the mistakes that they made. If something does happen in Australia, everyone will be effected in one way or another.

I have two cousins in the army at the moment. one had just been sent to Iraq and the other is on standbye here at home. I'm rambling. but my point is, war is stupid. and I think you made a good point of that in your writing.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix