Reviews for Forgive
The Autumn Queen chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
To be honest, I don't quite like you've begun this poem because the larger words give it a little bit of a whimsical feeling and detaches from the personal attachment I feel towards the middle and end. Ponder for example...why not use wonder? More colloquial.

[No one wants me here,
everyone is upset,] - I think a semicolon would work better than a comma.

I love the third and second line stanzas the most because, while they talk about a single person and their experience and emotion, it's also a sort of universal feeling that I can really symphasise with. And that personal relation makes those stanzas even more powerful.

Lol, I'm reading your old poems instead of your newer stuff. The summaries attracted me. :)

Ohana from the review marathon (link in profile)
Keree chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
So very well writen. I like it. Sometimes I get really fed up with what goes on inbetween whites and blacks because for one I don't even got a clue in what is going on and why everybody tends to be that way. I do know that if people start to disown me I go on and disown them because there's no point in trying to like, love, or even care about anyone like that if all they're going to be is haters and not care to get to know someone before they become judgemental.
Chasing Skylines chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
I liked the self-conflict here, how it contrasts with how good her cause is. It's sad in that everyone is against her, but I like how her character remained constant with the other poem, a bit broken as the determination is now.

I liked the simple language as well; it makes how you pictured her situation more realistic.

- Review Marathon, link in profile.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 1/20/2009
This poem is so sad. ( Highly appropriate that I read this on Obama's inauguration huh? Peace.
lymli chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
well, you should feel proud of who you are.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 3/25/2006
I've been called this,—I've been called that,—

By those who want categories,

To box things into tidily,

But I refuse to let labels,

Define the essence of my soul,—

I still recall quite vividly,

The day they thought my grandmother,

Was just a well dressed servant maid,

Escorting a white blond young boy,

Around the nation's capital,—

Seven centuries visigoths,

Seven centuries africans,

(Among them the arabs and jews),

Ruled Spain and intermingled blood,

Leaving black, brown, green and blue eyes,—

A lottery of colors wide,

Is proud inheritance I own,—

It is quite strange to see some men,

Focus on one aspect like skin,

When so diverse is what man is.
Aryanda chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
oh, wow. this has a powerful message to it. full of feeling. i liked the last nine lines the best
queenvixta chapter 1 . 4/2/2005
This is really touching. I like how you add the personal touches of this girl and how you deal with racial issues. Very strong and thought provoking. QueenVixta
morbidme chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
i love your poetry and i dont care what race you are keep writing and changing the world with you art thanks for making me think XmeX
Rocky G chapter 1 . 1/22/2005
Excellent work, I like that it points out that she had to face racism from her black neighbors, in addition to the whites. Look what her courage led to. :)

flowerthief chapter 1 . 11/26/2003
Oh wow thats really sad. Nicely written.

yellow sparks chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
That is a great poem, and I like the way you really represented Ruby Bridges. The point of view of the poem is great, and really shows what it's like for a minority to enter a foreign place. Great poem.
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
Great perspective!

Great show of feelings and thoughts going through the girl as she muses on her unqiue position in the world and what is happening because of it.

Indirectly shows the reactions of different people and comments on how this girl was caught in the middle- 'Mommy says I'm here to change things'. And such hope and need for acceptance and the confusion when it doesn't seem to come.

Interesting ending makes you think- great last 3 lines shows what was happening and makes a big impact.