Reviews for Some Things You Lose, Some You Just Give Away
Nick Ransom chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Hmm...nicely written, short and to the point.

Props for dealing with a subject most won't tackle.
PsychoLady chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
"No"..."It was taken." I loved that. It describes my happiness. Growing up early really hurts.
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 6/13/2005
'And she left the bedroom, forgot about Mike. She was once again in Katie’s living room,..' I liked this scene change in her mind. Nicely written as if forgetting was that easy.

Good character; especially how you showed that she was wiser or more mature in aspects than they were: 'They didn’t understand things like this. They couldn’t, and it would be selfish of her to make them try.' and 'No one should have to be exposed to that kind of pain, she thought bitterly.' These lines worked really well.

And obviously, good ending. Nice piece.
this is my love for you chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
Really good work. That last line really impacts.
Ashton-91 chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Oh I'm liking this story, it really shows that Becca is battling with her emotions inside. Great job, I hope you add more soon!
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
O.O I love your writing style ! it shows soo much emotion and is just breathtaking. .

Noelle
lovesickangel chapter 1 . 12/10/2004
i like this story. Please add more. It's great & i hope you add more. Please read my "The Choose" story. I think you'll like it. I got some of my ideas from some of your stories. I didn't take anything, but I got ideas. So I hope you read & review my stuff. Cool story. Write more. I know I already said that, but I don't care.
Zombie Zak chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
Interesting, it's really good.
And All That Could Have Been chapter 1 . 11/24/2004
That almost made me cry. Beautiful, I'm going to add this to my favorites.
Dragen Eyez chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
this had the perfect ending... "it was taken" you could have easily given a simple yes or no, but stead, you gave it so much more meaning by giving a seemingly simple question a complex answer. Also, the way you moved back and forth between the party and the event and the girl's thoughts really brought the stress she was feeling into play. I also love Becca's mood swing as she decides how to answer..it's not the scared, frightened girl experiencing the event-it's a harsh, bitter girl hit hard by the event.
Dragen Eyez chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
heterophobia chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
My god..
This is an amazing story
I can see it happening..
a friend of mine was raped when she was only nine too.
Great work..
.andrea.
light dragon104 chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
its good
Sweet Sorrow chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
Oh gosh. This is so sad.
"No," she finally replied quietly, her voice holding an enormous amout of carefully concealed pain. "It was taken."
I loved that line. It's so... powerful and just so... strong. So memorable.
Great work.
Sweet Sorrow
HereIDreamtIWasAnArchitect chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
thats really good, because you portray the thoughts and emotions and reactions sort of like they are...you should add more though..there should be a happy ending. I understand what becca went through...i want a happy ending for SOMEONE at least.