Reviews for Ruby Red Roses
Moonjava chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Wow, this is really good. Very nice.
Virgo Child chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Wow. I admit that some of this went over my head (I've never been that great with poetry), but I liked it. The ending was perfect, I thought. I can't really explain why, but I love a good, nasty twist in the things I read and this definitely had that kind of darkness to it. It's kinda sad how love and pain can go so well hand-in-hand sometimes.
HomeSickLoser chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
deep; at first, it looked long, but I finished it as if it were the last peice of candy left.

Thanks for reviewing my story~
00Anonymous00 chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
Finally! F.P. got its freakin' self together by now!

This is delightful! I like how the poem seems to be conveying all human flaws. Dark and intense. That's how I see this poem.

Hm, I'm not much for dark poems, but I like the artistic touches this one shows.

Anyway, sorry if my review is short, it's very late so I guess my brain's short-circuting too or something. (Lol)

The most notorious stalker of F.P.

The most perverted untouched virgin,

- Wicked Tongue
Ephemeral Seraphim chapter 1 . 8/3/2004
The format is nice, and I also like the way how your emotions are evoked. Very well-written indeed. Keep up the good work. Hasta luego.
chibichocobo
Spawn of Hell chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
oh creepy. but the emotions are still very powerfully portrayed.
'My pain was worse
I had lived with it
Every time you forgot to pick me up
Every time you forgot my birthday
Every time you changed your plans
Every time you were with that girl'
i can only imagine the pain you must feel when something like that happens. you love the guy more than life itself but it never seems enough. hes everything to you but youre nothing to ... not that weird to be thinking of murder(she seemed in such pain... so tortured by the situation...) another good poem if you ask me. though i relate less to it than to Spoken because a situation like that never happened to me. Like i said i can only imagine...
Leclair chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
Very dark indeed. When most people say dark, it's really not but this is. Spiteful yet poetic. I Loved every word and the way it was formatted onto The page. Beautiful.
dry sherry chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
First of, thanks for reviewing Burnt Toast! And um ... Yeah, honestly the thing that spurred me to read this is the title "Ruby Red Roses" (I happen to like roses :)). The poem started out in a seemingly innocent way...then slowy I thought that something was not right and it became subtly creepy...then it became downright scary. This has got to be the longest poem I have ever read on fictionpress and I think it was worth it. But must you be so creepy? Creepy poems are the best but um ... really REALLY creepy! It's about a girl gorging out her boyfriend's eyes in a tub full of blood-red roses. How creepier can you get? I'm not really complaining though ... it was just creepy. Anyway, I think you captured the emotions just right. The way the girl kept repeating certain things over again clued me in that something was wrong. And the lines that went "You stabbed me/Deep/I stabbed you back/Deeper" - that was about halfway through the poem, not even close to when she slashed/killed him and it was PURE GENIUS to put it there (and then you copied it again after she killed him)! I'll check out your other poem later (you said it was LONGER?) when I have time left. Keep writing!
. Sakiko
Escapist chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
Beautiful.
TL Demeter chapter 1 . 8/5/2003
incredibly long, but i loved it!

TL Demeter
Twisted By Design chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
*Whistles* That is one long poem.

I don't normally read poetry, as I tend to find it rather boring and such, but I figured I'd give this a try, and I'm glad I did. I was plesantly surprised! You have a great gift, and you really seemed to use it the best of its ability here. I enjoy all of your works, and I've read the other poetry that you've written (i.e.: Spoken, and all included in From Ashes) but this has to be my favorite.

This was very dark and very VERY creepy. Made me shiver. When I first found out how long it was I didn't think I would be able to finish it, but here I am at the bottom reviewing. I think I got about half way through and couldn't stop.

This was no innocent chick you were writing about, that's all I've got to say. She can hold her own _

Anyway, this was a longer review than I normally write, so my whole real point was:

Keep writing!

Jess
CaitSpain chapter 1 . 8/1/2003
Wow...that was...depressing is an understatement. And you wrote this in your assignment notebook? What inspired it? It was suspenseful right up until the thigh part...although it was still somewhat on edge at the point and after that. I thought she was gonna cut his dick off. It was a definite twist to have her stab his thigh then cut out his eyes. And it was wicked long! I could never write something that long!

Anyway, keep writing!
AcelinWhitefire chapter 1 . 7/19/2003
Whoa.

(Disclaimer: One word reviews from me mean that your work was very good and left me speechless temporarily)
Pardalis chapter 1 . 6/11/2003
Very freaky... a little repetitive and long, but still good.
aulliana chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
I really like this! It gave me ch!lls
32 | Page 1 .. Last Next »