Reviews for la neige
Toadster chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
oh wow, this is really glorious. Man, such beautiful characterization. I can just imagine their love with these few words. They're so perfect together! Oh!(and i can say this because i know, and because your poem is gud). She is very beautiful. And your landscape descriptions are very hazy like seen through a memory, and that's what I like best.
Sarah Parker chapter 1 . 1/14/2003
This piece is absolutely, gorgeous.. no, it is beyond gorgeous. The image it produces, the feelings it evokes... gorgeous is the only word that comes to my mind right now. I am in awe. It made me feel cold on the outside (with all the beautiful references to the snow and winter), but so very warm on the inside. A very romantic poem. For a moment, I thought the girl would die in the cold... but then you gave her a happily-ever-after. *smile* Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
nautilus chapter 1 . 12/25/2002
aw, i am so in love with this piece. all the color references make give it such a vivid image, which is the best thing you can do in a poem like this. the last lines of the fourth stanza and the very last line of the poem are especially a great contrast with the rest- a kind of romanticised fantastical image alongside a story that's modern-day and realistic, but not at all dull. did that make any sense? i didn't think so.

incidentally, about your words- ack! i just re-read the poem you were talking about and i really did steal some phrases, didn't i? *blushes deeply* hearty apologies, it's been taken down. plagarism definitely not cool in hecuba-land. many apologies again. _
unexpected source chapter 1 . 12/10/2002
I will read this again,

this is awfully wonderful Lorraine.

Fyodor
aintawoman chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
lovely and elegant.

like a lounge singer at the end of the night when the piano bar has emptied and the only thing left is the couple at the small round table, the bar tender, the baby grande and its man, the thick smoke, the soft lights, and the eighteen year old there not for the women or booze, but the music alone.

lovely dream. wonderful poetry.
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
hehe, i wonder who this is about?

it's beautiful nonetheless. it's romance, ah, and it's frosty and snow, december you know? it's so pretty, i like it. i think you should turn this into prose, it would be a lovely story!