Reviews for Death to the Yams
Kuradok Evangeline chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
I hate yams.

Lovely layout and very interesting dialogue.

Keep up the good work
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
Hm reminds me of my home in some ways around the holidays. A very sweet peice, capturing the deliciousness of the meal and emotions wavering. You have a lovely way with poetry, sort of making me crave to read more.

P.S. I hate writing responses to my own reveiws in anothers reviews, but you didnt have an e-mail address I could respond to. The sky in my piece, Blind innocence, the rouged and flushed like a virgins first kiss, was to describe the colors of a sunset in comparison to a sunset, red against the blue. Anyways thank you for your comments I appreciated them.
and flowers chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
? it comes off as a bit grotesque. would you agree with me?
BlueRose218 chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
very disturbing...and now I'm feeling rather ill... you ended this really effectivly (I don't think I spelled that right)
The Asian Banana chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
ignoring the carcasses among the silverware. This line very scary! LOLOLOLOLOLOL! I don't understand, but it is funny!

Check out my story with Chiquita-san! It is quit hot but not scary! Like this thing! LOLOLOLOLOL
vonlan chapter 1 . 6/28/2004
i read it trying to understand it fully but it was kinda hard for me.
i've read this poem about 3 times before and now i finally see what you're talking about..slightly. hahaha.
Kaliella chapter 1 . 5/17/2004
This is neat; it really gets the point across to the reader of how you feel about eating meat while not saying in any exact words what you are talking about. Very eloquent.
distantdistorteddisturbed chapter 1 . 5/3/2004
Interesting topic. I find the flow and imagery very unique. Nice imagery.
orangefreak33 chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
It's wonderful! There's so much imagery, and it gives the poem so many dimensions. The title almost reminds me of an Arrogant Worms song - "Carrot Juice is Murder". Check them out, they rock. And they're Canadian, and so am I!
Jenny chapter 1 . 10/11/2003
I think this is the perfect blend of insanity and death... wonderful *applauds*
kalmia raphael chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
*shudders* this is seriously good stuff. no real rhyming scheme you have there, but theres good flow... made me feel like someone was sitting in front of a fireplace, telling a story to kids... *coughs*

gotta adore free verse. who needs a set number of lines? *scoffs*

yes. humans celebrate Christmas with a feast by killing more creatures... somehow I thought of cannibalism reading this o_o

I'm sure there's more to this poem that I've managed to notice. Are these people so well provided for and should they try to share the wealth?
stckyfootedtreefrog chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for reviewing a bunch of my stories, I really apreciate it. Where'd the title come from? Very interesting... I don't think I'm going to be able to eat for a while, don't want anything gross to happen ;)
FlyingPhish chapter 1 . 7/26/2003
whoa,that was splendid. At first I looked at your story thinking, hey, death to yams, interesting title. So I took a peek. The meaning is profound. I think I'm one of those people bloated at the table, often I find myself stuffing my face with yams. Boy do I love yams.
Lover4Green chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
awesome poem! U teach my friend Rocket BOy (check his poems out!) how to write cuz he needs to improve but there good also keep it up!
beautifuletdown chapter 1 . 7/13/2003
I could've sworn I'd reviewed this. Well, I love it. The flow and wording is excellent.