Reviews for I've lost my weight
Amy chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
I can probably relate to this from when I was about 9. I got very ill and wouldn't eat because everything made me sick (I missed two whole years of school because of it.) I ended up skinny as a rake and could have died (5 stone at 9: that's probably normal but not for what was happening to me), but then I found the slim-fast drinks that helped me put my weight back on and didn't make me sick. I'm back to normal, probably heading towards overweight now, 8 years later.

Nice poem.

Amy, xx
CJ chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
I think that the rhyming couplets only added to the feeling of the story. It really seems to be coming from the mouth of a confused and lonely anorexic girl who's lost her way.

It's more like a re-telling of what has happened with very little insight thrown in, leaving that mostly up to ourselfs to fill in, which works perfectly here. If there HAD been a lot of clever insight and wordplays, then one would assume the girl could've written something more complex than simple rhyming couplets...

Am I making any sense here? hehe, never mind. I love it and that's all that matters.
ossining chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
God, this is depressing. You've done a nice job with this - I like the line "Till I weighed only bone." It's just the right word, and it's still creative. Nice job. Keep writing! :)
Myufisian chapter 1 . 7/11/2006
I do enjoy the couplet rhyme scheme, and I find this poem quite compelling. It's well written with a good, steady beat. It comes to a very good conclusion, and I think it quite good. A
Ellin Louise chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
amazing, very well written, the rhyming does't take away from the seriousness, but gives it a slight contrast.
ChobiMM3 chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
Excellent! I hope that if you were trying to help your friend they got the point. Yes, it is depressing, but great. Very deep
Dancinggal5389 chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
Really good. I'm a dancer and I've seen a lot of girls suffer from starvation. You should get your friend help
delete account asap chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Full of feeling and very realistic. The rhyme makes on read in a flow, but steadily, so one can realy follow the trail of though. A great poem!
Sarah-Brighteyes chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
This is one of those hard topics to try and talk a friend out of.

In highschool I had a friend who was anorexic... it took her a long time and lots of help and counseling and even a sort of camp to get over her disorder... its a disease... blah.

I liked this piece though. You had a pattern that flowed great in the imagery and story behind it. Bravo to you once more.
FrozenKiwi chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
I think the couplets suited it well! Your work is fab, so never stop writing!
bitter-sweet-ana chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Wow, great job at getting your point across. You covered pretty much all the steps of anorexia. I like this one! The ending is supoused to suggest hospitalization...?

I prefered the beginning, but very good job throughout it all. You have my admiration on this one.

I applaud.

Ana
soft-spoken chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
Awesome poem. it's so good... you wrote it perfectly. I'm sorry about your friend... I hope he/she is okay. Anyway good job.

Nousha*

ps thanks for the review.
lymli chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
the thing is sad but you gave it pure poetry, you're a good poet.
The Rain's Kiss chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
Well, this was indeed a poem. But it makes me wonder if you yourself have ever gone through an eating disorder. To me, it didn't make sense to write this in the first person "I" when it seemed to be through the eyes of someone else. Most of the time, anorexia is not about losing the weight, but about wanting to be happier with yourself. I didn't think this poem addressed that at all. Sorry.
strawberryblitz chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
wow.. its so sadd! i really hope your friend got the point. I really really think this was good keep it up
36 | Page 1 .. Last Next »