Reviews for The Yule Gist
Tessabe chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
This is very funny, I hate those things too. I'm still chuckling as I type this.
lulujynxgemini chapter 1 . 2/5/2005
i love this, it's hilarious. the girls are so cute, they act innocent, but they aren't really, lol...
Leolain chapter 1 . 7/19/2004
Wonderful! Absolutly wonderful! I loved the part about Elwyn insulting that lady with the perfume. I hate perfume too.
Funsmoke chapter 1 . 4/1/2004
I despise holidays. The lot of them. Elwyn's a fun and interesting character...fatherly without losing his youth. Though I suppose being Sidhe will do that to a person.
Saeger chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
Oh, I wish I could punch some faces in... seriously, I do...
Crazy Chick Mia chapter 1 . 1/7/2004
very funny! but he should have got Santa - i was always terrified of Santa. i used to scream at him and tell him to stay away. i like Elwyns view on christmas! lol.
i really, really, really like your writing. i've promoted you to my fav author. its just...wicked. funny evil. and i'm sorry i didn't realise Elwyn was not human until just recently, lol. i'm reading your stories in a weird order lol. so yeah, really cool characters. i love the way you write the stories, seeing flashes of their lives, and learning more and more about them. it's a whole lot more realistic than in a story where it goes 'so and so is such and such an age, height, weight, colour, does such and such born of such and such' and you learn everything about them.
your style makes you want to read more, to learn as much as possible. this is the first time i've ever said this, but have you ever considered getting some of your stories published? now, i don't know much about publishing, but i AM going to try with one of my stories (called Spirit Stallion), 'cuz everyone (family, friends, teachers) reckons i should, and i know your stories are just as good and better than mine, so I see no reason why you shouldn't. they are very original, you have WICKED characters. maybe a book, with all the short stories inside it or something. i would certainly buy it, and i know a lot of other people who would.
i'm serious, i absoloutly LOVE your writing style. it's funny, it's serious, and it's just...cool!
kalinara chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
Hi, I've only just stumbled over your stories, and have been enjoying them very much. This one in particular made me chuckle, if only because I wish I had the nerve to be . :-)

This one is probably my favorite, but I did notice a few errors that take away a little from the story itself. Just simple, "their" instead of "they're" sorts of things that a quick read through will probably catch. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. :-)
Omnimental chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
Speaking as someone who's worked in a department store during Christmas for the last three years, and this year said store was actually located in the mall, I'm backing Elwyn 100%. The vast majority of people in the mall at Christmas could use a broken nose or two.

For that matter, I never did quite understand why those little guys that make toys for Santa are "elves". I mean, little guys that make toys? Sounds more "tinker gnome" to me. *shrug* Then again, Elwyn says Santa isn't real (nevermind what most people say of elves and faeries) ;)