Reviews for A Week in Hell
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
okay, anyone who calls rimbaud a "crazy mofo" and then writes a fine poem like this is definitely cool with me. very nice. i like the end, i like he allusion. it's very well written.
frenchfries chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
I actually understand this one,and it had to be a depressing one, as good as it is in all. one tip from your famous rock star friend try something up beat! hugs and kisses (just kidding)
miss meaningeverythingtome chapter 1 . 12/27/2002
don't worry be happy doooooooo doo do do

it is pretty, i like the second and fourth stanzas.

and the part about target practice and hearts. ya know... i like the whole thing...

-the girl who has given up on writing intelligent reviews and/or poems
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 12/26/2002
...

Wavey- Good, nonetheless.
Bobbo chapter 1 . 12/24/2002
You've got quite a dynamic, visual image-o-matic machine running there. I almost find the chemist reference cheesy, but then that's probably just because I read too much of certain things. I have this bad habit of trying to put too much emphasis on line breaks, so I sometimes sound like Captain Kirk when reading poetry - this one hit me pretty badly in that respect.

Is it possible to feel connected by loneliness?
peachykeen chapter 1 . 12/24/2002
I think that I might be seriously insane. You say that this isn't about anything, but I find a deeper meaning it then most of your other poems. Perhaps it's because this one is simpler, or perhaps I feel the reasoning behind it. I REALLY like this one for some reason. The last part makes me think of corn! I know it shouldn't, and that's not why I like it, I just felt like sharing. Lots of nice imagry. I like the random stanzas - very abstract, not such a bad thing, in my opinion. Tres bien!
Amaris chapter 1 . 12/24/2002
Don't be so hard on yourself. From now on, I'm gonna forget the structures of poetry and look at all your work as...something else. I like the part about the chemists at the beginning. The part about your mother and the chemists not knowing what about your life is also nice. I like your more recent poetry more. Your work is improving nicely.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 12/23/2002
Different from your usual writing style, but still loffly. Very heartbreaking, especially the line "How the sun shines either too brightly or not at all".

"I, unraveling my hair after hours of blind

dancing in the rain to hide my tears"

My favorite line. Beautiful imagery there.

Hope you didn't have "a week in hell"...:( *offers plates of brownies with caramel drizzled on top*

Keep writing. Peace