Reviews for Prison
andreadespot chapter 1 . 3/17/2004
This is extraordinary... You filled it with such emotion, it is such a horrible act and you really succeeded in getting that across. I like how you added little tidbits in the parentheses; very nice!
Contemptible Chinaware chapter 1 . 8/8/2003
This one touched me so much... the relations pain me so.

But I love it still.

Fucking ... *cries*
Queenofrefuse chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
I notice that you really like the word "saline". You always make great use of it though. I love when you say "(there is a wedge named guilt inside her throat)" because that is a feeling that happens so often and is relatable as well. The dark descriptions of this woman's rape fit the poem so well.
xurbandecayx chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
Great job, very nice piece, has a smooth contemporary feel to it...
My Little Poet chapter 1 . 1/10/2003
sad. very poignant.
She's a Star chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
*shivers*

Ooohh, that was good.

Creepy indeed.
SweetGrape chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
Raw and strong. Descriptions are excellent and perfect for the subject matter. The bracketed parts are important, they add the cold reality, so it's not just fear and terror, but an actual situation that you can compare with other situations and see its horror.

Great lines- sadly true.

Last line stops your heart for that one second, before the enormity of it hits you, and you realise again all the pain and torture.

Very powerful poem.
No Longer Posting Here chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
Another spiffy poem that just takes you off guard and makes you want to keep reading. Good job.

GeN!
Ash chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Norah, that was perfect. It really brought tears to my eyes. And it made me think. It's depressing, yet the poem shows the reality of what can happen. I envy your work. *sighs*