Reviews for discourses
Elina chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
Oh, I liked this very, very much! The mythical atmosphere, the rhythm... There was something there that reminded me of Anna Ahmatova's work, don't know what it was. Well done!
Paradoxical Goddess chapter 1 . 1/10/2003
*sighs and is now even more envious of you*
evilynn chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
Really an interesting piece as is all of your work. I only had one problem with this poem and that was the line breaks because while reading through the first time it created an awkwardness and hesitance that I'm not sure you were going for. Very well worded, beautifully assembled.
E. Gao chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
O_o

You're obviously very well read and very well versed in philosophy and literature...my knowledge extends merely to having read "sophie's world" and owning half of someone's old college philosophy texts (no comment on if I've touched them yet).

Anyway, this was genious. There's simply no other way to express what I was thinking, unless you want a whole lot of misplaced "bad words," my vocabulary also not being what it used to be.

I digress too much.

Thank whatever deity, I actually know Plato a little, having read The Republic excessively for World History last year. Most of the mythological characters are also familiar (love the Bacchus lines)...however, I can't say that Hemingway is a big interest of mine _; maybe it's a matter of taste.

(sorry I'm not quite awake so I tend to ramble)

Anyway, great great poem...You're going on my favorites list.

EG
toysoldier chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
I love how you weave literary and philisophical references into just about all your poetry... it makes everything have an incredible history and depth to it.

A joy to read, as always.
toysoldier chapter 1 . 1/3/2003

A joy to read, as always.
aintawoman chapter 1 . 1/3/2003