Reviews for Linguistics of Nothing At All
Amaris chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
Hmm...I can't really relate to this seeing that I have only one asian (non-chinese) parent. But...I've heard how hard and pressuring they can be...
FalseExecutioner chapter 1 . 1/20/2003
Nice Cultural outbreak emmy(short for emerald, not the award)

Great Poem the second stanza is very good and i do not hope u wrote this because of ur mother because you cannot be mad at her forever,you have got to remind yourself "she gave birth to you and you wouldnt be mad at her if she either had an abortion or had her tubes tied" but great poem! keep up the good work

One last thing they need to have ratings on these so that you could be ranked (i dunno if they do that)
Glass November chapter 1 . 1/10/2003
Hm...I liked it, especially the first and second stanzas. It makes sense, and the specific issues like family values make it real and make a definite tie to today's world...

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense at all, so I'll just sum up with the fact that I liked it; it was wonderful; keep writing!
Paradoxical Goddess chapter 1 . 1/8/2003
*laughs and sympathizes* Though I was never fond of the language anyway. (*is subjected to chinese parents also*)
SylviJove chapter 1 . 1/8/2003
Hey Emerald!

Checking out poems right now _

Hehe is this something you wrote while you were mad at your mother? It certainly sounds like it. ::Sad if it really is about your mother::

I like the second stanza muchos. Relate to it muchness.
Impressionist chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
hmm...you're right. It doesn't sound quite like what I'm used to reading from not that it's a bad thing. it seems a bit imcomplete, and you didn't use as much imagery and imagination.

other than that, I enjoyed it. Something fresh and new from you. Keep looking at it, and eventually inspiration will jump out at you. (yeah, I know, I could right a sappy encouragement SERIES) but anyway. Nice to see so many new ones from you.

well done. :)
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
ah, my grandfather is german...that's a nice language to be reprimanded in :)

but anyway, i really like this one. it sounds fine, it has a nice sound to it, and it is very well written. very nice.

Obake-Kun chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
I'm screwing chem and math...

I don't know where you get these ideas(to personofy-ing, metaphoring, simili-ing, analogy-ing). The idea of using Chinese the language would never cross over to me. Sad.

Short and right to the point.
frenchfries chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
chinese!lol!
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
I can relate to this so much. Chinese parents, what can I say? Can't live with them, can't very well live without them, as they gave us life. Ah, the irony. *shakes head*

The last stanza is very sad and remorseful, but almost bitter as well.

Peace
Reindeer chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
I thought this poem was very well done...I liked it very much.

Reindeer